Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: vipv2 goes p2l, lies, exploits, silences

orfik's Avatar 20th Century Boy BT Rep: +3
    Despite what anyone says, I'd bet my house that every torrent administration seeks to profit from user donations. It's just human nature. Go to ANY tracker and ask if you can audit their finances. You'd get banned so fast it would make your head spin. Just the way of the world, buddy. It's why Communism doesn't work.

"Be easy, my ninja."

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Allow me to enlighten you.

Apart from the fact it's selling warez, which clearly does not fit in with the definition of donation, tracker staff will say "don't cheat your ratio, it's bad, we'll ban you", then say "but if you give us your cash we'll do the cheating for you. Yay! Pay2cheat ftw!"

Ratio is a measurement, nothing else, it's certainly not an excuse to scam the gullible. Yet, for some reason, it's become perfectly acceptable to abuse that system in order to make a profit by selling regular members bandwidth. Paying customers are now favoured above regular filesharers.

Btw, I don't have anything against other "perks" as long as they have nothing to do with the filesharing aspect.

I've been enlightened and disagree with you on one point. For those very few trackers out there that offer GB and practically promote "If you pay for GB, will let you do anything" type attitude, yes i disagree. But there are plenty of sites that offer GB and they are extremely strict with their rules and how they want their tracker to be portrayed. BitmeTv is a prime example. They offer GB for donating but do they accept cheaters, scammers, or hit and runners. Nope, you'll be disabled or banned before you can download your next favorite tv show via .torrent file.

Quote Originally Posted by orfik View Post
    Despite what anyone says, I'd bet my house that every torrent administration seeks to profit from user donations. It's just human nature.
    Do i think every torrent Administrator or SysOp wants to be profitable enough to keep their tracker alive and make site improvements? Yes. Do I think they all want to just profit, get rich quick and screw with everyones donate money for personal gains? No. Maybe some cause that is human nature, but i thinkt he percentage is really small. I unfortunately some admins have set a bad example, but others continue to be the reason why it's good to be apart of the BT Community. I think Brandon from FTN is a good example of that.
    Last edited by grimms; 02-05-2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Despite what anyone says, I'd bet my house that every torrent administration seeks to profit from user donations. It's just human nature.
    Do i think every torrent Administrator or SysOp wants to be profitable enough to keep their tracker alive and make site improvements? Yes. Do I think they all want to just profit, get rich quick and screw with everyones donate money for personal gains? No. Maybe some cause that is human nature, but i thinkt he percentage is really small. I unfortunately some admins have set a bad example, but others continue to be the reason why it's good to be apart of the BT Community. I think Brandon from FTN is a good example of that.[/quote]

Those are unnecessary extremes. The question is, how many fail to report exactly how much they receive in donations and where each penny is going? The answer is "All of them". Do they all skim off the top and spend the profit on themselves. Probably not. But again, I'd bet the house on a high number.

"Be easy, my ninja."

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    BitmeTv is a prime example. They offer GB for donating but do they accept cheaters, scammers, or hit and runners. Nope, you'll be disabled or banned before you can download your next favorite tv show via .torrent file.
    That may well be in the rules, but then why would anyone pay2leech? By it's very nature it's a way to circumvent sharing.

On top of that, look at the bigger picture. What happens when one of these paysites gets taken down? The authorities will have a field day, jail time and harsher punishments all round, a new standard will be set. And we'll all be tarred with the same brush.

I do agree that Brandon and the rest at FTN are examples to be followed.

Unfortunately greed is a part of human nature, but fortunately we've been gifted with free will and have the choice to rise above it.

Imagine a torrent site as a human body.
    Staff provide the brain, members the soul, uploaders the muscle, all working together within the body itself.
    And yes, the body has to find a way to survive, and if the soul is strong enough to provide for itself, it will survive and prosper.
    On the other hand, if you have to start pimping your body then you're in a bad way, your soul is weak and you're liable to catch something...

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Go to ANY tracker and ask if you can audit their finances. You'd get banned so fast it would make your head spin.
    i think the finances of any tracker is no ones business other than the admins anyways. so many people are concerned with where their donations are going, if you don't trust the admins then don't donate. there is atleast one tracker i can think of that post their donations for everyone to see, FSC. whether or not what they post is true.. who knows? but i trust them

edit: spelling

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalism View Post
    Go to ANY tracker and ask if you can audit their finances. You'd get banned so fast it would make your head spin.
    i think the finances of any tracker is no ones business other than the admins anyways. so many people are concerned with where their donations are going, if you don't trust the admins then don't donate. there is atleast one tracker i can think of that post their donations for everyone to see, FSC. whether or not what they post is true.. who knows? but i trust them

edit: spelling
    LOL. Sheep. Anyway, we're all crooks, so don't be shocked when your favorite admin drops your donation in his pocket. C'est la vie.

"Be easy, my ninja."

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16

The question is, how many fail to report exactly how much they receive in donations and where each penny is going?
    As long as they are improving the site and keeping the tracker alive it does not matter how they spend the donation money as far as the time frame. Not saying it's alright to get donation money and going out and paying your rent or car note. I mean if they take alittle money out of the donation pot for reasonale purposes and put their own money back in, then i see no problem with that. As far as reporting to us members what they do with the donation money. It's none of are business as long as the hosting bill is being paid on time and site improvements are being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Unfortunately greed is a part of human nature, but fortunately we've been gifted with free will and have the choice to rise above it.
    Indeed it is. In the end the choice is do you trust the trackers that you donate money too? Ask yourself that, and if you say yes to said trackers, then i think it's okay to sleep at night. If you don't? Simple. Don't donate. Unfortunately there will always be people out their with ill intentions whether we like it or not. Life is not always fair unfortunately. The game is rigged at times.
    Last edited by grimms; 02-06-2008 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    download only what u own and this is no worry-as backup is ok, right?
    Last edited by pone44; 02-06-2008 at 06:40 AM. Reason: nt spam-do not know vip?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Despite what anyone says, I'd bet my house that every torrent administration seeks to profit from user donations. It's just human nature. Go to ANY tracker and ask if you can audit their finances. You'd get banned so fast it would make your head spin. Just the way of the world, buddy. It's why Communism doesn't work.
    If its not 4 bedroom you can keep it.

and would you let someone into your paypal from the net. didnt think so.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    SCR's Avatar H2SO4 BT Rep: +4
    I think u might lose your house very fast ,pls don`t generalize this .There are plenty of trackers that don`t accept donation (some of them are verry good) here u can find some examples https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...light=romanian

P.S If its 4 bedroom P.M stoi for the details were to send him the papers and the keys to your house ... if not send them to me
    “Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.”

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast