Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patriots are cheateerrs

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

As I love to say....

Shut up and pick a team.

Well, I'm from New York so I was routing for my G-Men...

Congrats to all fellow Giants fans! We did it!

And to the Pats... Take that! Cheaters!

Oh my bad. I could have sworn you said you were a Pats man.

Apologies.

There are so many people jumping on the Pats bandwagon that it's ridiculous.

I mean were they Pats fans before Parcells was there or before 2001?

I would understand if they were pretty young.

However, in the sports talk, I despise people that are always for the frontrunner.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

Apologies.

However, in the sports talk, I despise people that are always for the frontrunner.

No apologies needed...

On the AFC - I was actually a Pats fan (since 2001) until they were proven to be cheaters this season... I really can't believe I routed for them.

3. Sports Club   -   #13

Apologies.

No apologies needed...

On the AFC - I was actually a Pats fan (since 2001) until they were proven to be cheaters this season... I really can't believe I routed for them.

What kind of football fan are you?

Ok I was right then. Jumped right on in '01 at that.

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yeah i only have respect for people that have one favorite team and stay with that team through all the bullshit.Respect when it comes to sports anyway.

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    Yeah i only have respect for people that have one favorite team and stay with that team through all the bullshit.Respect when it comes to sports anyway.
    Eggzacklee

Don't get me wrong. You'll naturally root for a certain team once yours is out of the competition. However, having "another" team is ridiculous.

I probably would have rooted for anyone but the Patriots since I like seeing upsets.

I did like seeing Michael Jordan win though (except when they were playing my Bullets).

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I root for two nfl teams, the Giants and Jets, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Much the same way I root for both Yanks and Mets.

I know that's frowned upon by sports fans especially NY sport fans, but I can't help it. I can't help but feel joy whenever a local team does good.

But to be a bandwagon jumper and just root for who's winning now is just a total sellout. As a fan, it is your obligation to live and die with your team through their successes and failures. Anything less and you might as well watch tennis or golf.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I really didn't care which team won, but I would've liked to see the Pats make a perfect season.

And like some sports commentators said, all teams do it, it was just the Pats that were caught. Teams in all sports all over the world try to get a leg up on the competition, some go a little further than others, but the fact is every team does period. It's a business.

Don't get me wrong, i love sports and I watch a lot, mainly hockey but some soccer, football, and basketball. I do think my favourite team does some of it, but it's better I don't know
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    Eggzacklee

Don't get me wrong. You'll naturally root for a certain team once yours is out of the competition. However, having "another" team is ridiculous.

I probably would have rooted for anyone but the Patriots since I like seeing upsets.

I did like seeing Michael Jordan win though (except when they were playing my Bullets).
    Yep that's true and being from maine when the giants are out i usually root for the patriots just to have a reason to watch football and they are on tv here every week.Which is kind of weird seeing how things went down this year.I still can't believe we beat them pricks!!!

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

No apologies needed...

I'm kinda like DefX... I also have two favorite football teams (as well as two fav baseball teams: Mets/Yanks), since I see it as two different conferences/leagues... In the NFC my fav has always been the Giants and in the AFC it had been the Patriots, which I started routing for in 2001 when they had that "great" underdog-throughout season (plus I also hated the Rams, which they beat in the Superbowl that year and kinda "sold" me out into them Pats)... I didn't start watching the NFL since 2001 by the way, since I wasn't born and didn't grow up here in the U.S.

All I care about right now is that my G-Men are the World Champs! Parade's on Tuesday!

10. Sports Club   -   #20

I'm kinda like DefX... I also have two favorite football teams (as well as two fav baseball teams: Mets/Yanks), since I see it as two different conferences/leagues... In the NFC my fav has always been the Giants and in the AFC it had been the Patriots, which I started routing for in 2001 when they had that "great" underdog-throughout season (plus I also hated the Rams, which they beat in the Superbowl that year and kinda "sold" me out into them Pats)... I didn't start watching the NFL since 2001 by the way, since I wasn't born and didn't grow up here in the U.S.

All I care about right now is that my G-Men are the World Champs! Parade's on Tuesday!

You youngsters.

Conferences and leagues are quite different things, btw.

I understand now either way.

I didn't know DefX had two teams as well. Do y'all have two basketball teams too. edit: just saw a previous post

Let me guess....one is the LA Lakers or Chicago Bulls..

I know a guy at work that has these teams.

College Basketball: North Carolina
    Pro Basketball: LA Lakers
    Pro Football: Dallas Cowboys
    Pro Baseball" NY Yankees

All frontrunners/storied franchises. Convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by DefX View Post
    I root for two nfl teams, the Giants and Jets, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Much the same way I root for both Yanks and Mets.

I know that's frowned upon by sports fans especially NY sport fans, but I can't help it. I can't help but feel joy whenever a local team does good.

But to be a bandwagon jumper and just root for who's winning now is just a total sellout. As a fan, it is your obligation to live and die with your team through their successes and failures. Anything less and you might as well watch tennis or golf.
    I can kinda understand that one though since they are all NY teams.

For college basketball, I root for the Georgetown Hoyas and the Maryland Terrapins.

Pro football, I only have one team, the Redskins. I'll root for the Giants if the Skins are out (a lot of my family is from NYC).

Pro basketball, I root for the Washington Wizards..

Pro baseball, I root for the Washington Nationals. I wasn't a real baseball fan so I used to root for the closet team, the Baltimore Orioles.

College football, it's the Terps again.

But aren't you also sad that your Pats are losers?

Last edited by Busyman™; 02-04-2008 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast