Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patriots are cheateerrs

DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Well, forgive me for stating the obvious but it seems a new light has been shed on their unscrupulous ways going back to their 2002 SB win over the Rams.

I was specially interested in this paragraph:

Another former Patriots quarterback, who spoke to ESPN.com on condition of anonymity, says that New England pushes the envelope further than most teams and that the Patriots were doing so long before they were caught in September.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3227592

The timing of this news cracks me up somewhat
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    dnero73's Avatar Poster
    never forget that game against the Raiders I hope the lose tommorow

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    warofhell's Avatar Be Turk or Not BT Rep: +4
    i dont think. pats are cheater. they have best defensive team in nfl and i.m.o. second offensive team. there is no reason to cheat!

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by warofhell View Post
    i dont think. pats are cheater. they have best defensive team in nfl and i.m.o. second offensive team. there is no reason to cheat!
    Really?

edit: Mmk, I had to check the defensive ranks. It's quite obvious that the Pats have the #1 offense (they broke Minny's record ffs).

Pittsburgh had the #1 defense and NE was #4. The only team that Pats really shut down was my Redskins (allowed one TD).

Btw, who knows what they had up their sleeve to win this year.

And yes they are cheaters.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 02-03-2008 at 02:10 PM.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    Wow, that guy is bitter. Looks like he needs to go do some prayers to get his mind right.
    Last edited by JunkBarMan; 02-03-2008 at 03:03 PM.

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by DefX View Post
    Well, forgive me for stating the obvious but it seems a new light has been shed on their unscrupulous ways going back to their 2002 SB win over the Rams.

Another former Patriots quarterback, who spoke to ESPN.com on condition of anonymity, says that New England pushes the envelope further than most teams and that the Patriots were doing so long before they were caught in September.

Oh boy. Not another Pats hater. My team is going to take it all tonight. Remember the Pats may of video taped a couple of games previously but other teams were doing it as well. Pats are the only team that got caught. Honestly i don't think it's as big as the media's making out to be. Everyones on the Pats hater bus these days but we are taking all. Best NFL team ever in this era! Only rival is 49er with Montana and Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DefX View Post

Oh boy. Not another Pats hater (ESPN.com)well certain reporters. My team is going to take it all tonight. Remember the Pats may of video taped a couple of games previously but other teams were doing it as well. Pats are the only team that got caught. Honestly i don't think it's as big as the media's making out to be. Everyones on the Pats hater bus these days but we are taking all. Best NFL team ever in this era! Only rival is 49er with Montana and Rice.
    Last edited by grimms; 02-03-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Actually, I hated the Pats since Bob Kraft had the audacity to demand from the Jets their overall first round pick in exchange for Parcells back in 97. So no, I'm delighted to say I'm not a bandwagon jumper on this "hate the Pats" outcry.

You may be right that spying on opponents is not unique to the Patriots but it takes on a whole new and appaling level when you get caught doing it on your Super Bowl opponent prior to game day. Any advantage, no matter how small, is still an advantage. And for all we know, that might have been the edge the Pats needed to win that nail biter of a game against the Rams. Who's to say?

And it sure smells funny that Commish Goodell has destroyed those "Spygate" tapes
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

No wonder the Patriots guess right most of the time.

Can't believe I routed for them on the AFC.

Last edited by fstrulz; 02-04-2008 at 12:17 AM.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post

As I love to say....

Shut up and pick a team.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post

As I love to say....

Shut up and pick a team.

Well, I'm from New York so I was routing for my G-Men...

Congrats to all fellow Giants fans! We did it!

And to the Pats... Take that! Cheaters!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast