Thread: Windows Media Player

ok i dont know if this has been posted i tried searches but none really answered the question, ok here it goes, i have a realllllllllllllly low memory, so when i download big files such as dvd rips, i like to put them on discs, dont worry i share them for atleast 3 days, a week tops, but anyways, when i go to play them i get an error like close to the end saying, error reading cd, or incorrect function, sometimes you can hear the audio after the message but only for like 2 or 3 seconds after the message pops up, i have divx anti freeze or whatever, can someone please help me? if so this would be really appreciated!

Dee

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    this sounds like a crc error

you should try burning the cd's at a lower speed than currently
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    hmmm how low? i burn at 32X and/or fastest in click n burn pro, so do the lowest burn? also i have downloaded a mp42 movie, the screen is grey&#33; help&#33; what the heck is going on?

Dee

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by dee_madison2003@31 July 2003 - 02:24
    hmmm how low? i burn at 32X and/or fastest in click n burn pro, so do the lowest burn? also i have downloaded a mp42 movie, the screen is grey&#33; help&#33; what the heck is going on?

Dee
    the low the burn speed the better the results you will get, i usually burn a 24x but if its music i burn at a lower settings as i want good quality disks.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    so whats the recomended speed for burning a like 712,869 file size dvd rip or whatever size, and by doing this, i will stop getting that message? and aslo the grey screen problem&#33; sor should i make another post?

by the way that guy that posted the freddy vs jason screener was not funny&#33; i am so looking forward to that movie&#33; well just my thoughts&#33;

thanks for the replies guys&#33;
    Dee

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by dee_madison2003@31 July 2003 - 02:24
    i have downloaded a mp42 movie, the screen is grey&#33; help&#33; what the heck is going on?

Dee
    i sounds like a codec problem, i have not come across a mp42 file before. try this link if you want to upgrade your codecs

http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    ok i will download that a little later&#33; i just need to finish the real player 9 download, i will post back if i have ne more questions k? thanks again&#33;

Dee

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    ok my problem is resolved&#33; for the mp42 problem, my contrast was set and everything else to 0, this is from a guy or woman i dont remember, told people how to fix this prob, so from now on i will burn movies at a speed less? or two less than i am now&#33;

thanks guys&#33;
    Dee

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    the screen is grey&#33; help&#33; what the heck is going on?

Dee
    I had that to uninstall your codec pack and the re-install worked for me

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    lol thanks but but i got it now i had to go into bsplayer and turn up the contrast and stuff because everything was dark and grey&#33;

Dee