Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

Thread: ITS just to let you all know

bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i think this thread has led to much animosity. but if you take an overall view of it, both sides are right in their own way.
    1) iTS staff have obviously made it very clear that they dont want their invites to be traded. while this is hardly uncommon with trackers, the fact that the iTS community is built with a lot of long standing FST members, has lead to a sort of enforcement of this rule. hence everytime someone has tried to trade for its they have just been met with denials from its members. i think this is just because the members of this community are very keen to keep traders out and are very particular, hence discouraging any trades or offers they see here.
    2) on the other hand, the bit torrrent invites section, which is the most popular section here in FST, was mainly started so that people could come here and trade invites. so the conflict is very fundamental in nature. obviously it would be asking too much from the FST mods to disallow trading invites for a particular site as it would compromise the very purpose for which this section was started.
    all said and done, there are several sites out there which are very strict about invite trading. how they choose to enforce it is by tracking down the traders and banning them from their sites. since only a handful of iTS members have invites, this seems to be a very practical thing to do and traders will easily be caught and dealt with. let it be known to those trading invites here that they are doing so at their own risk and if caught they will get banned from that site.
    i hope this extinguishes this fire and all you guys here kiss and make up

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #122
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    but your missing the point, if they have a CR here, which they do, they HAVE to turn a blind eye to members that trade invites on FST.

If they have not got a CR then members can trade accounts BUT they then can ban members that trade accounts OR invites on FST.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #123
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    well so do all other sites. if the CR sees someone trading, he should go ban that guy from the site. i mentioned this at the end. and FST dosent allow account trading anyway
    the solution is enforcing the rules on the tracker and not here. im sure after making an example out of someone who trades invites, people will stop doing so automatically
    Last edited by bikernin; 02-04-2008 at 07:54 PM.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #124
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    But he cant, thats the whole point here, if he does he will get demoted from CR (if he is caught that is).

if you havnt got a CR you can ban anyone, but Account trades and Invite trades can be posted.

If you are a CR, then Account trades cannot be posted on FST, invite trades can, and there isnt a thing you can do to the members that trade.

thats the way its supposed to work, wether it actually works that way in IRL is another question though.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #125
    my friend, if everything worked the way it was supposed to, then it would be a differnt world wouldnt it?
    that way tracker invites are not meant to be traded in the first place.
    i dint know that a CR will get demoted here if he bans a trader from his site (im sorry i dint have the patience to go through 13 pages ). if this is true, i think this is an issue which the tracker staff can work out with FST admins. eventually its their tracker and they have every right to ban someone who violates their rules, whether its legal on FST or not. and im also pretty sure there are CRs here who have banned people for trading and still hold their status

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #126
    well im sorry, going over old shit here from 10 pages ago but..

If a member gets banned for whatever reason on their trackers, the most commen answer is "Well, you should have read the FAQ/Rules and abided by it"

so how come its ok for them to say that to their members, but on here break the rules of FST.

Hypocrycy if you ask me.

If they dont follow the rules of FST, then dont become CR. but dont expect the mods of FST to bend over backwards and kiss your ass just because your a tracker owner/staffer.

yes i am a tracker owner, and i am a CR, but imho, im just the same as any one of you on here, I dont want or expect any special treatment, if i fuck up i expect to be punished just like everyone else.

PS: sorry for the swearing, but this thread is starting to annoy the hell out of me now

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #127
    totally agreed m8. if a CR breaks the rules here he should be dealt with accordingly. im not quite aware of what violations were made by which CR (i guess ill have to go through all the pages after all ) i think this issue can be resolved much more peacefully thats all

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #128
    No one has broke the rules "in this thread".

I was just trying to point out to members on here from other trackers, that it doesnt matter how many times they post, "you cant trade" the fact is, If the tracker has a CR they can trade and the tracker cannot do a thing about it. (invites that is)

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #129
    PBT42's Avatar der iz no can BT Rep: +1
    The point is bloody clear! You CAN trade iTs invites here! Why the hell can't people accept that?? If iTs don't want traders, then they can ban the traders account, like every other tracker does. EVERY tracker is the SAME. BitSoup could suddenly decide to dislike traders, and it would go up levels, but that doesn't make it any different! I say lock this thread! Too much spam!
    iTs is no different! So @ all the iTs non-traders/giveawayers:

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #130
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post

So traversely, threads will be locked here then right quick - yes?

Has anyone reported anybody for being abusive or bullying in threads, or is this a decision just based on "a feeling"?

Just as you defend the right to allow what goes on, I will defend the right of reply in all cases.

You should take each thread on a case-by-case basis and nip things in the bud so that clear lines are drawn, or openly respond and give a warning to the person who you consider is abusing or bullying the OP.

It could be said what you are doing as the OP of this thread is bullying 1 tracker

And secondary, but along similar lines, you've (as in FST - not you personally) allowed posters to get away with things that gave the impression to think they could post what they wanted wherever they wanted with total freedom, that has been the real problem here, and it has been carried too far in certain cases.
    Ummmm no not really threads are locked here on a case by case basis. Sarge did I hit a nerve here? your posts sound a bit angry in nature did I insult you somehow? I am not bulling ITS I am stating that I don't like the fact that member are bulling other members.

What members report here is confidential, I am not going by mere feelings here, Im going by what Iv read in thread upon thread. Things Iv seen with my own eyes.

" Just as you defend the right to allow what goes on, I will defend the right of reply in all cases."

Now this my man makes you look argumentative More or less saying I will oppose the reply of ALL cases, Not that this is what you are doing I know you better than that, but It makes you look like you don't have a clear opinion and you will argue a point just to oppose me.

" It could be said what you are doing as the OP of this thread is bullying 1 tracker "

Sure it could furthermore it could be said that aliens have just landed or that the moon is made of cheese

"You...allowed posters to get away with things that gave the impression to think they could post what they wanted wherever they wanted with total freedom, that has been the real problem here, and it has been carried too far in certain cases"

Please speak you mind bro, I honestly have no idea what you mean. If you see a post that you feel should be locked by all means report it straight away.
    Nothing could be further from the truth, nothing I post should ever be taken personally, just posting an opposing view that's all, I may have a harsh posting style but that's all that it is, I tend not to use flowery language (or smileys) and just get to the point, probably too bluntly sometimes, but hey, we are all different right?

If you have seen things with your own eyes, and done nothing about it, then that creates the feeling that the same posters can do & say what they want, which comes back round to nipping things in the bud, and stopping those very posters from getting away with it.

I will report more if that's what you want, but more reporting creates more work, but I'm sure now that clear guidelines have been drawn, more & more will report the abusive & spamming posters and those posters that take threads way OffT from what the OP intended.

But just as FST is defending the right of posters to do what they want within FSTs rules, then the right to respond to those open threads, in a polite manner of course, reminding them of what will or might happen, providing they stay OnT and within the FST rules, is also to be defended.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!