Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music Trackers with descriptions

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanz™ View Post
    My favourites are:
    indietorrents
    Probably the best music site if you're an indie hipster (the sort that thinks pitchfork is too mainstream, etc...). The weekly top-10 is available to everyone, and as they only allow non-RIAA releases you'll find really cool stuff.
    waffles
    Lots of development and growing very fast so this is definitely _the_ general music site to be part of. It's hard to seed, but only as hard as it was at OiNK. You just have to keep everything uploading...
    Speeds are generally very fast too.

god i hate pitchfork with a passion . lol anyways, a friend has just promised me a TR invite, so hopefully I'll get my impression of that tracker up within the next day

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    tedsfrozenhead's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    it might be somewhat hard for users joining waffles now to keep a good ratio. the christmas helped give me a boost, and not having top 10 also makes it a little difficult, but I still prefer waffles to what.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Have music trackers changed much over the last 2 years? A bunch of those have closed, some new ones have opened, but the big ones are still on top it seems.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I don't see IndieTorrents as a hipster paradise at all. Sure you get the some of the pitchfork crap on there, but because a lot of those artists are actually signed or signing to major labels, their uploads are barred from the site.

It's really more about actual independent releases. You find some really crazy/rare stuff there from a variety of genres that you'll never have heard of anywhere. You need the will to basically download stuff based on the genre/description rather than whether you've heard of the artist, because most of the time, you won't have heard of them

E has ~26,000 torrents as a point of reference, at least I think. It's down atm.

Other than that most of those are spot on. I guess you could mention co-exist, I've never really been a fan though. As a general rule there seems to have been more of a move towards niche genre trackers rather than general music trackers, and those general/scene music trackers that do appear tend to suck or fail.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 06-15-2010 at 01:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12