Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Trading rule with a hidden agenda?

Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post

So to summarize my opinion: the levels are reflecting how hard the tracker is to get into (today), regardless of how old it is, and it has nothing to do with quality. Being on a high level does not make the tracker to be "in the top" in my eyes, because I argue that the rank within the brackets [] is what defines a top tracker, not it's rarity. And to get rid of this misguidance problem i think the trackers in the WTAW thread should reorganized to be ranked primarily on quality and that rarity is secondary, within brackets.
    I agree.

@bikernin I'm well aware of that. But many members here have a tendency to misinterpret the meaning / purpose of the WIAW thread and leaning on it as some kind of St. Grael. That's exactly what I was trying to tell - so pls, don't state the obvious, Dude - I know what rarity and quality means, and I can tell one from another, believe me.
    But the end of the day most people conclude that ITS and ScL worth the likes of Bithumen, NB, SCT. This is misguiding! And, BTW I don't give a pink sad fuck about rarity. It's not because that I have anything against or pro traders, I am plainly not interested in rarity. That feature has nothing in it for me. Period. And I am quite happy that there is an opportunity to dispute this in a cultured, polite way. After all - this is just FUN!
    Have a good nite all.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by LordS View Post
    Our Agenda isn't hidden.

It's to keep people like you out, also how does 1 get removed from that rarity board thingy?

I requested to be not put in the newcomer site awards and was ignored.
    Too late, the cat is out of the bag.

This is a file sharing forum, this is the BT part of that forum, some might not like what goes on here, but freedom of speech has to be defended and indeed encouraged, and if what the members do here are within FSTs rules and if members here want to talk about what goes on within the BT world, then that is how it is.

Rather than CRs having to fight their own corner all the time, the best course of action would be to manage the situation as best they can, and actually staying out of threads such as this would have been the best way, by all means monitor matters of interest but do not add fuel to the fire and stoke the flames even higher, you only encourage the interest in what you are trying to hide.

In fact, you had members of your tracker here telling everyone how they helped in the design of your tracker. how it should be spelled, how it should be referred to, informing everyone of change of TLD etc, etc, so you can't have it both ways. The only way forward is to be able to keep a lid on things and tread more gently, and remind members within the confines of your own tracker that things are being monitored and get fellow members to help track down who is doing what and make it more self policing from within, and leave well alone what you can't influence.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LordS View Post
    Our Agenda isn't hidden.

It's to keep people like you out, also how does 1 get removed from that rarity board thingy?

I requested to be not put in the newcomer site awards and was ignored.
    Too late, the cat is out of the bag.

This is a file sharing forum, this is the BT part of that forum, some might not like what goes on here, but freedom of speech has to be defended and indeed encouraged, and if what the members do here are within FSTs rules and if members here want to talk about what goes on within the BT world, then that is how it is.

Rather than CRs having to fight their own corner all the time, the best course of action would be to manage the situation as best they can, and actually staying out of threads such as this would have been the best way, by all means monitor matters of interest but do not add fuel to the fire and stoke the flames even higher, you only encourage the interest in what you are trying to hide.

In fact, you had members of your tracker here telling everyone how they helped in the design of your tracker. how it should be spelled, how it should be referred to, informing everyone of change of TLD etc, etc, so you can't have it both ways. The only way forward is to be able to keep a lid on things and tread more gently, and remind members within the confines of your own tracker that things are being monitored and get fellow members to help track down who is doing what and make it more self policing from within, and leave well alone what you can't influence.
    Every word is made of gold, as usual, Sir. U are absolutely right. What has been done and said here regarding ScL is by nature blatant hypocritical.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar666 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post

So to summarize my opinion: the levels are reflecting how hard the tracker is to get into (today), regardless of how old it is, and it has nothing to do with quality. Being on a high level does not make the tracker to be "in the top" in my eyes, because I argue that the rank within the brackets [] is what defines a top tracker, not it's rarity. And to get rid of this misguidance problem i think the trackers in the WTAW thread should reorganized to be ranked primarily on quality and that rarity is secondary, within brackets.
    I agree.

@bikernin I'm well aware of that. But many members here have a tendency to misinterpret the meaning / purpose of the WIAW thread and leaning on it as some kind of St. Grael. That's exactly what I was trying to tell - so pls, don't state the obvious, Dude - I know what rarity and quality means, and I can tell one from another, believe me.
    But the end of the day most people conclude that ITS and ScL worth the likes of Bithumen, NB, SCT. This is misguiding! And, BTW I don't give a pink sad fuck about rarity. It's not because that I have anything against or pro traders, I am plainly not interested in rarity. That feature has nothing in it for me. Period. And I am quite happy that there is an opportunity to dispute this in a cultured, polite way. After all - this is just FUN!
    Have a good nite all.
    i agree buddy. it is in a way misguiding for people who dont know how to interpret the WTAW thread. people treat trackers like currency here sometimes during trades. all said and done sct is a far better site but eventually all of them are kinda equally hard to get into right now. i think for people like us who are not concerned with trading, it is something we should gladly ignore.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I agree with both the hero villian and SgtMajor on this one and both of their points of views. Like i stated in my previous post. The cat is out of the bag. I know it's probably frustrating to have all the negative attention regarding your site LordS. In negative i mean people who constantly trade to try to in get in or the few url posting incidents that occured. But it's out there now and not much could be done about it. I would probably just try to enforce rules in a polite understanding way and just raise your hands in the air and hope for the best. People will talk. This is the BT section and this forum is all about FileSharing and all the issues that come along with it.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    ITS didn't ask anyone to trade sct invite to join its ranks .
    all it asked for , is to left alone so why can't we do that ?
    why people should trade great sct for a new tracker.
    if it isn't greed so why?

For Serving Community

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Nobody trades SCT for ITS or Flower unless he is simply dumb, or greedy as U say. U do not swop Your Lamborghnini for a VW Golf (let alone that is a decent car). But hardcore traders are usually smart, not retards at all.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    @sylar I agree VW Golfs are a decent car

This whole ITs thing is getting boring. Here's some free advice for members just shut up about it and the hype will go away. All the hoo hah is just making it worse...much much worse. Once people realise they can't really trade for it (or it's very hard) because there are very few invites it will quieten down.

Every post in an ITs trade thread just makes it worse. Every post in topics about ITs in the BT section just makes it worse. People will get bored with it if members would only let them.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    Surley its best just to get rid of the WTAW completley. And then if people want to trade they can trade, offer what they want to get into a tracker, if thats what they want. At least then people would be trying to get into a tracker because they want what it has to offer, rather than some imaginary tracker level

But that will stop this crazy demand for trackers based solely on how rare it is to get in.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by munkyboy04 View Post
    Surley its best just to get rid of the WTAW completley. And then if people want to trade they can trade, offer what they want to get into a tracker, if thats what they want. At least then people would be trying to get into a tracker because they want what it has to offer, rather than some imaginary tracker level

But that will stop this crazy demand for trackers based solely on how rare it is to get in.
    That is never ever...ever going to happen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast