Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Trading rule with a hidden agenda?

Mostly civil BT Rep: +3

Question Mark

Hello everyone.Invite trading,as we all know is prohibited by almost all bittorrent trackers.However it still goes on in one form or another and as you know there is a trading forum on fst.So that begs the question:- Why should trackers like iTS/SCL(clover/flower) be treated any differently?

I may/maynot be a member of both sites and i dont have a personal grudge against either of them.But here's a point of view i came up with :-

"Hey guys,lets make a torrent site where we will make sure that its mighty hard to get in by preventing trade on a forum so that we attract the best possible uploaders, climb up the WIAW thread(not for the level) but to attract "experienced and active" users and be the best damn torrent site in the world"

It's gone to the point where SCT and NB invites are being traded for iTS/SCL which are fairly new and quite short on content.They maybe sites with great potential and maybe rare though,but seriously? These "newish" sites like iTS and SCL have also unintentionally/intentionally created disharmony amongst torrenters dont you think?

Avoid bashing me as i'm only looking for your opinion.An opinion is your point of view on the subject and it may/maynot be correct.

Traders and Anti-traders please post here as i want an allround view on this subject. I'd like you guys to express your opinions without any fear at all.
    Be honest and avoid flaming please.

Please pay special attention to what i've quoted.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    they should not and will not be treated any differently. See this post for further info, it is discussed in detail.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...ll-know-274771

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I guess neither ITS, nor ScL is nowhere near to SCT, despite having the same LVL - category. Which is a joke, and very artificial, because this WIAW generates unnecessary interest for these two newcomers. They just simply did not deserve the same rank as SCT - rarity or else. Is it enough that like I establish a new tracker, close the gate then overhype it...and I make it to the top? This is nonsense! Hope no harm done - nothing personal,it is just plain wrong to put the two noob - tracker to the level of a real big player, like SCT. Let alone Bithumen or NB owns any of the aforementioned two.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar666 View Post
    I guess neither ITS, nor ScL is nowhere near to SCT, despite having the same LVL - category. Which is a joke, and very artificial, because this WIAW generates unnecessary interest for these two newcomers. They just simply did not deserve the same rank as SCT - rarity or else. Is it enough that like I establish a new tracker, close the gate then overhype it...and I make it to the top? This is nonsense! Hope no harm done - nothing personal,it is just plain wrong to put the two noob - tracker to the level of a real big player, like SCT. Let alone Bithumen or NB owns any of the aforementioned two.
    Was thinking along the same lines.But could this be a calculated move on the part of the admin of those sites by being "more harsh" to traders and thus gaining more interest amongst users?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    nobody told you to look at the WTAW thread, if you think these trackers are good by reviews and friends then find your way in.

oh and nobody forced you trading sct for its/scl or trading at all so i don't really see what's the purpose of this thread ?

you are not a member of either sites, it doesn't look as if you want to get in so what's the point ?

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I haven´t seen any sign that what you say is something preconceived, something made with the idea of creating expectations and hype the thing.
    I saw a group of friends that decided to make a good community-tracker based in good content, friendly environment and low profile.
    Everything else, in my opinion, are collateral damages, not induced, desired or good for us.

People seems to forget very fast but I remember that an iTS SysOp came here and asked people to join, the only requirement was to explain why. I think that it´s hard to find something less demanding or exclusive.

Before that, after I read a review and much before this whole opera started I PMed iTS CR at FST, asked him info and the possibility to join their community. At all time they payed me attention and answered each and every answer I had. And finally I was invited. I am a regular guy, I have not a big connection, I´m not an uploader, I have not seedbox, I´m not Slovak, I´m not an old member at FST and I´m specially nothing ... even I have problems writing in English, but I´m there, proudly of that, and every day more and more.
    Something like that happened with SCL.

I think people who complains about the way iTS and SLC manage their recruit system is in the first place guilty of all of this mess. That and people that want to join just because it´s hard... another mark in the grip, and have not even a clue what the hell are, have and offer iTS and SCL. I´ve heard things like "I want join because they have a huge collection of... ", crap!, we have only huge collection of good willings.
    I´m pretty sure that staff and members of both sites would be very much happy if nobody even mention our sites.
    Before all this big wave, people could get in in a relatively easy way, staff gave invites, came here to offer invites and even allowed any user asked them via PM, now what happens it´s that everyday is harder because more than the half people want get in just want to get the account or the invite and trade it. That and the morbid desire to see what the hell are those "sacred places".

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25

I don't see the problem with ScL and iTS being on the same level as SCT. They are about as hard to get into as SCT, and then it doesn't matter how new or old the tracker is (since it's todays date that counts), and this is what the WTAW thread is supposed to reflect. They are not however, in the same rank as SCT when it comes to quality (pre-times, content, speed) where SCT is a 10 and ScL/iTS is a 6.

Now if the equal rarity level between these trackers means that these two newcomers gets overhyped by some people, i don't see how on earth it matters? If people are dumb enough to trade their invites based solely on the levels, and then gets disappointed by the quality on the trackers they traded for, they have their own stupidity to blame.

So to summarize my opinion: the levels are reflecting how hard the tracker is to get into (today), regardless of how old it is, and it has nothing to do with quality. Being on a high level does not make the tracker to be "in the top" in my eyes, because I argue that the rank within the brackets [] is what defines a top tracker, not it's rarity. And to get rid of this misguidance problem i think the trackers in the WTAW thread should reorganized to be ranked primarily on quality and that rarity is secondary, within brackets.
    Last edited by danio; 02-04-2008 at 05:56 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    You'll notice, that invite trading is not prohibited on FST. It's prohibited on the trackers themselves.. Unless you mean otherwise.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    nemrac's Avatar Getting my feet wet BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Here's my two cents.

Sites that disapprove of invite/account trading are well within their rights to do so. Some sites would like to boast the largest content, some the largest user count and others want to claim the most exclusive site. It's their prerogative to do so. Asking sites like FST to prohibit certain activities is also their prerogative.

At this point in time i really do not have any interest in joining certain high level trackers - i just don't have the time to contribute to all the various sites, communities and groups i presently am a member of. Others would die to have certain high level trackers just for the sack of saying 'I'm a member at xxxx' or adding a coulourful user banner in their signature.

In the end, the sites that do not allow trading of invites and accounts just make the traders/collectors more hungry and the people that actually want to get on the sites to actually contribute more frustrated.

Nemrac

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    my friend, the level only indicates rarity and not quality. you need only look into the brackets to see that sct has the highest rating there can be

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast