Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anti-Trading rule with a hidden agenda?

Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    @sylar I agree VW Golfs are a decent car

This whole ITs thing is getting boring. Here's some free advice for members just shut up about it and the hype will go away. All the hoo hah is just making it worse...much much worse. Once people realise they can't really trade for it (or it's very hard) because there are very few invites it will quieten down.

Every post in an ITs trade thread just makes it worse. Every post in topics about ITs in the BT section just makes it worse. People will get bored with it if members would only let them.
    Make a poll "Would you continue trading, if there was no WIAW?"

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by stroj View Post
    Make a poll "Would you continue trading, if there was no WIAW?"
    There's no need. That poll has been done at least three times the WTAW thread is going nowhere.

BTW...munkyboy04 and stroj I'm not trying to attack either of you so don't take it the wrong way I'm just stating the facts as I see them.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    So that begs the question:- Why should trackers like iTS/SCL(clover/flower) be treated any differently?
    who told u it is treated differently?

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...ll-know-274771

But here's a point of view i came up with :-

"Hey guys,lets make a torrent site where we will make sure that its mighty hard to get in by preventing trade on a forum so that we attract the best possible uploaders, climb up the WIAW thread(not for the level)
    sorry m8 but you are so wrong

the staffer there don't even give a damn about lvls

majority of the iTS staffer registered here recently and don't post here at all...except benchi...he has been FSTing for ages and i assure u that he doesn't care about WIAW thread either

beside, what is wrong with preventing traders? most trackers do, don't they?
    but to attract "experienced and active" users and be the best damn torrent site in the world"
    isn't that the universal goal?

It's gone to the point where SCT and NB invites are being traded for iTS/SCL which are fairly new and quite short on content.They maybe sites with great potential and maybe rare though,but seriously? These "newish" sites like iTS and SCL have also unintentionally/intentionally created disharmony amongst torrenters dont you think?
    i have said this before and here i will repeat myself again: WIAW does not do justice.

consider this:

i create a tracker with VERY trusted 100 people and close my invites (given that those 100 people won't share/trade their account), will my tracker be lvl 10?

similarly, i think there should be a age limit before a tracker can be added to WIAW lvls (or say, before a tracker can be bumped above 3 lvl) thread but they won't listen. If only they had a rule saying something like "for a tracker to be 3 lvl + the tracker must have WXYZ members and the tracker must be X year old" i think things would have been better.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 02-04-2008 at 10:19 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    I understand.

But this whole thing is going to keep happening as long as there a false value put onto Trackers. And its bad for the whole Bit Torrent community. Its getting people angry and really its all a waste of time.
    Last edited by munkyboy04; 02-04-2008 at 10:31 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by munkyboy04 View Post
    I understand.

But this whole thing is kind is going to keep happening as long as there a false value put onto Trackers. And its bad for the whole Bit Torrent community. Its getting people angry and really its all a waste of time.
    It's cyclic, 12 months ago the BT MODs were active traders and everyone loved the thread and it was the best thing since sliced bread etc etc.

12 months later and the reverse is true, but the way to change things is to keep being heard and if there eventually enough voices singing from the same hymn sheet they will outnumber those shouting & screaming for the status quo to be retained, it would after all be the democratic thing to do.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by munkyboy04 View Post
    I understand.

But this whole thing is kind is going to keep happening as long as there a false value put onto Trackers. And its bad for the whole Bit Torrent community. Its getting people angry and really its all a waste of time.
    It's cyclic, 12 months ago the BT MODs were active traders and everyone loved the thread and it was the best thing since sliced bread etc etc.

12 months later and the reverse is true, but the way to change things is to keep being heard and if there eventually enough voices singing from the same hymn sheet they will outnumber those shouting & screaming for the status quo to be retained, it would after all be the democratic thing to do.
    agreed.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Everyone will just have to suck it up. We live in reality. Some things simply cannot be changed. No matter how much we all bitch about wanting change. I don't see the thread going anywhere. I guess decreasing the amount of exposure to sites or not talking about them is the only way to thwart this issue, at this time. Unless a new universal rule arises within FST. I don't see that happening. We all just have to co-exist and accept ones love for rarity, content, forums, trading, etc, etc, did i say etc?

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Some things simply cannot be changed. No matter how much we all bitch about wanting change
    You can and I do try to change the attitudes one user at a time, or at least give them a broader perspective since so many here simply see the community as something to serve them rather than something to belong to.

I don't see that happening. We all just have to co-exist and accept ones love for rarity, content, forums, trading, etc, etc, did i say etc?
    Why accept it ? with trading come scamming hit & running becomes much easier and of course the current favorite invite selling. More and more sites are closing invitations for indefinite periods to stop the hoard from trading away site memberships like baseball cards. If you truly care about the community then you should try and stand up and explain why it is wrong and show new users that there is another way, it is boring and repetitive and everyone jumps up and down and says just accept it, but this permissive just accept it attitude is what is causing all the problems because if you accept trading then you have to accept all the other problems that this brings.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Trust me Artemis I try all the time. But then we end up an a Trader, Anti-Trader dispute. I try to give advice to new members and even some seasoned members in this forum (if they need or ask for it)But relating to the situation about Tracker Staff not wanting their tracker name to be spread (due to the traders, bad apples or whatever) within this site is nearly impossible to circumvent. 1. Because this forum is all about File Sharing Talk. 2. Due to the internet, the other hundred plus forums in existence and due to word of mouth, talk, and promotion of said sites whatever may have you.

Also Artemis i didn't mean accept trading but we do need to except the fact that they will always be members wanting to trade. Trust me, personally i do not accept or condone users trading accounts, scamming, or selling invites. Unfortunately we have to accept the fact that as long as we GOOD members remain on FST, we also have to accept the fact that the'll be members that trade, sell, scam, love trackers for rarity etc(even if we don't interact with them). But what i do know is the mods on here are always actively out to seek and ban scammers, cheaters, and sellers which is a great thing. Just do know that some of them come through the gate whether we know it or not. I choose to align myself with good trusted users. Sorry for phrasing my previous post wrong. I don't want you to get the wrong impression.

Edit: Artemis if you read some of the previous threads i posted in you should know that i do not condone trading, invite selling, etc. That is the reason why sites have closed sign-ups and disabled invites or the invitation system.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    why does it matter? i*S and s*l are great.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234