Thread: Irc The Better Way To Share

First let me say I'm not knocking k-lite or this board, Ive gotten some of my best computer advice from this board. But after bumbling across irc by accident,( read about it on this board) I would feel it an injustice if i didnt tell everyone how stinkin great it is. People no fakes, the real stuff. Fast connections , other people actually share the good files . If you want to get in and are computer stupid, i suggest this : http://www.p2pchat.net/downloads/p2pmirc.php, just accept the download and jump in the room, someone will help you after your in. And for the leechers of the world they actually have rooms that welcome you

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    The only thing that sucks about IRC is waiting forever in line to download and to even get in a damn queue

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    There are fakes on IRC. A few weeks ago, I downloaded what I thought was the new Harry Potter book. It turned out to be one of those fanfictions. And maybe you're just lucky, because a quarter of the files I download on IRC have slow speeds. And people do give viruses through IRC. Someone attempted to send me a trojan once though IRC.

You may be lucky so far on IRC, but be warned. Bad things do happen in any P2P program.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i hear ya, im a security freak, router,firewall,antivirus. Wouldn't leave home without them ! But I think the days of kazaa are really numbered, more and more bad files,people who wont share. I also agree that a virus could be spread anywhere p2p is. Thats why we all should all use caution in sharing. I still get failed transfers and the dreaded crc failure, but I've had far greater success with large files on IRC, and if you want to try it goto the forementioned link, they are the most helpful people Ive run across.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Xilo+30 July 2003 - 22:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xilo &#064; 30 July 2003 - 22:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>The only thing that sucks about IRC is waiting forever in line to download and to even get in a damn queue&nbsp; [/b]

Your more than right. I use irc a lot. Probably just as much as someone uses crappy yahoo or msn (not that crappy). Anyway, when it comes to downloading huge files off irc, the queue is enough to not download anything at all. It sucks bad and it takes a very long time you have to basically wait in line.

As for the viruses and fakes, I would suggest that you use your common sense slammy_dunken because there are the same issues on kazaa. Anytime you have millions of users on a network there are bound to be assholes that want to trick you or try to damage your pc.

<!--QuoteBegin-slammy_dunken
    @Posted on 30 July 2003 - 22:39
    There are fakes on IRC. A few weeks ago, I downloaded what I thought was the new Harry Potter book. It turned out to be one of those fanfictions. And maybe you&#39;re just lucky, because a quarter of the files I download on IRC have slow speeds. And people do give viruses through IRC. Someone attempted to send me a trojan once though IRC[/quote]

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I use kazaa lite, e-mule, mirc, soulseek and others, but I am madly in love with BitTorrent. NO FAKES AT ALL, FAST downloads (I usualy get at least 90 kbs, and get this, NO queues&#33 and no virus or anything. Unfortunatly, the webpages and servers are going down pretty quickly lately......sucks. But still the best we have now.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by kikdadog@31 July 2003 - 04:56
    i hear ya, im a security freak, router,firewall,antivirus. Wouldn&#39;t leave home without them &#33; But I think the days of kazaa are really numbered, more and more bad files,people who wont share. I also agree that a virus could be spread anywhere p2p is. Thats why we all should all use caution in sharing. I still get failed transfers and the dreaded crc failure, but I&#39;ve had far greater success with large files on IRC, and if you want to try it goto the forementioned link, they are the most helpful people Ive run across.
    No Security freak is complete with out Any of these&#33;

I stick with Kazaalite, as said before, no lines and ques(ussualy) plus, with enough sources you can download files pretty quickly.

[Edit] I forgot to mention the excelent sites that verifiy our files on kazaalite, keeping us safe from viruses(as long as we stick to whats on the lists that is)