Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Rapidshare vs. BitTorrent

absonic's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Which 'download method' do you prefer?
    I mean, torrents are great - you can download as much as you want, as long as you upload enough files... But, the bad sides are that almost are better trackers are 0day, some older torrents are often not seeded well etc, etc... Speeds are often lower than your connection's maximum and such and such...
    But with rapidshare - you can find anything there... The ONLY (at least for me) bad side is that it has a 25GB limit for 5 days...

So, my question is - what do you use more - RS or torrents? Or maybe you combine?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Living Dead BT Rep: +2
    I used to dl from rapidshare, megaupload and all that sh.., but after starting with torrents there's no turning back
    If you want to dl from RS, you have to get premium acc (or download everything in 100MB parts and wait between every of those... ofc there are programs like rapget etc, but using it only have sense if you have dynamic ip... but anyway its not working everytime), which (the account) you have to pay for... Torrents - free2leech, and it's way easier, better etc etc

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    i would go w/ combining those two since there is nothing that specified we have to be pledge our loyalty to one method. anyway as long as it gets the job done, why do we have to fight about which one is the best

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Torrents win the battle for me. Never looked back since.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    zero0's Avatar ('''')o_0('''') BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    sometimes i cant find pro or move or some files on Torrent ... but i can find these files on Rapidshare &Vice versa ..so i use both of them

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I use torrents for most of my files. I only use rapidshare when downloading files that other people want to share with me. It's good for uploading files and then sending links to people you know. Although I do prefer Zshare to Rapidshare for that purpose.

The speeds seem to have gotten slower over the years. When it wasn't as known, I used to get way faster speeds when downloading.

I don't really see a need for paying for rapidshare. If I wanted to pay to download files, I'd start using newsgroups.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    The Illegal Master BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    torrents ar the best, for sure

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    rapidshare

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    bittorrent

Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast