• Speed of download

41 53.25%
  • Fastest Pretime

24 31.17%
  • Number of leechers

33 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What makes you download off a particular tracker?

ideto's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Seeders/Lecheers Ratio.
    I like good Trackers with good activitie.
    Btw, Comunnity matters more that Speeds or Pres for me.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Long John Silver
    I chose all

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i'd say leechers is the main thing. Even without a ratio i still don't like leaving a torrent seeded less than 1:1. With few leechers i also don't want to dl it and be the only seeder and let it die because the uploader has to make room on his seedbox as i have to do the same thing.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    ginnagagab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

For this, pretend that the site has no ratio system and upload is only counted.
    if there is no ratio system why would you count upload ?
    Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by ginnagagab View Post
    if there is no ratio system why would you count upload ?
    Upload is the only thing counted in a no ratio system. The real reason why upload is still considered even though there is no ratio is because trackers want to see how much members really share (Seed). Just cause there is no ratio doesn't mean you can just download everything.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    I think i know which tracker your talking about, and no im not a member (i did get offered but refused).

But imo (if anyone cares lol) is that they have been far to selective in who they have recruited to be members.

If you get 1,000 members, who all know how torrents work, and have accounts on most other [10] trackers with fast pre-times etc, then why will they download from that site with 1 seedbox user seeding, when they know if they download from another site, they can have 50 seedbox users seeding.

The other problem is, most might already have SB Axx anyway so all they are there for is to seed. but without the e-penis aspect of a ratio involved, they may find that their bw is better used on a tracker that counts how much you uploaded.

Being selective is great for security, not so great to get people to download whats on your tracker.

when we open we get loads of noobs regarding torrenting and the ratio system.

bad thing about this is the same Questions over and over, and security obviously.

Good thing is, they are there to download the torrents, which keeps the tracker ticking over. (if they dont seed back they get banned anyway)

its no good having 1000 members, 3000 seeders and 25 leechers all the time.
    what can someone add, after such a complete post like this?

well, in the first place, uber-selective sites always will have leeching problems in the future, because actually torrenting is made of leeching. People use torrents to leech because they want to . They seed because they have to. This is the fact. And when they know that their bandwidth will give them higher "perks" at a ratio site with lots of leechers, most will move there and use their bandwidth for e-penis enlargement.

i wonder how long can such a system thrive...

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Thanks for all the input guys...as I said...I am just trying to improve each one of my communities one step at a time...the 3 smaller trackers that I am a member at all have the same issue, yet one has survived for 3 years...the other 2 are fairly new...but hopefully with the help of good advice like posted above and the honest members, they will thrive just as well.

The good thing that this thread has done is shown everyone that seeding is not the most important factor when it comes to torrenting and pre time is really not of much concern either.

I am glad to see people posting that they want to reach a 1.0 ratio!!

Hope to see you all wherever you wish to be! :-D

Please continue to post ideas and opinions as I will read all of them

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234