View Poll Results: What is better to you?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • More seeders with an average speed

29 53.70%
  • Less seeders, but with 100mb/s connections.

25 46.30%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is better more seeders, or less seeders with faster speeds.

bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    definitely more seeders with average speed. for people with slow connections lik me, pretimes dont matter that much. i need to be able to download a file with good speeds a month or more after it has been released. seedbox users will seed to say 1000% and then leave. so more users ensures a longer torrent life and also is more in the spirit of torrenting since all users can upload back and contribute (even if its ratio free). otherwise its the box users who get all the uploads and makes it very hard for average users

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    yeah i cant download much in a site like that since i dont have a 100 connection , so my seed would be worthless there with all those fast connection members.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    This is a extra poll connected to this poll:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...tracker-275032

The reason I am asking is because a particular site that has an upload only system has extremely fast pretimes, all the seeders are on 100mb/s lines...but people dont download that much.
    I cannot see the relationship between the lack of dl and that of the number of seeder or the connection speed. I think you are asking the wrong question.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    This is a extra poll connected to this poll:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...tracker-275032

The reason I am asking is because a particular site that has an upload only system has extremely fast pretimes, all the seeders are on 100mb/s lines...but people dont download that much.
    I cannot see the relationship between the lack of dl and that of the number of seeder or the connection speed. I think you are asking the wrong question.
    how is it the wrong question...if content and pre time are better/faster then nearly all other sites...then obviously something is not making people download. It is a high level site that everyone wants into but yet when most get in, they just sit there. Thats the problem.

So the reason I have these two polls is to find out how to increase the amount of peers...without just going out and giving invites to every PU + like other sites have done..

Im using this to help the staff of a particular site to decide which steps to take in order to bring the leechers to us.

This site has beaten all but 2 sites with pre times every time...and sometimes beats the two other sites as well. So pre times cant be an excuse, content cant be because everything gets uploaded. So it has to be the number of seeders...yet every seeder is a seedbox that seeds for 5+ days due to the current inactivity on the tracker.

Im just curious to see the other side of the picture, because as an uploader to 5 high level sites, this is the only tracker where I dont max out my connection the second after i upload a file there.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I dont actually care, but less seeders with higher speeds, because more free conections will remain.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    as long speed is good and there are leechers to seedback im fine..but since u ask i would
    say less seeders

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    SCR's Avatar H2SO4 BT Rep: +4
    More seeders with an average speed is my option, because this way u have a file with a longer life and users that are not afraid to download even if they have small up speed and don`t forget more peers ... even if there are 3 out of 5 users with great up speed if i can not connect to them what use does the fact that they have 100 Mb up speed has for me?
    “Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.”

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post

how is it the wrong question...if content and pre time are better/faster then nearly all other sites...then obviously something is not making people download. It is a high level site that everyone wants into but yet when most get in, they just sit there. Thats the problem.

So the reason I have these two polls is to find out how to increase the amount of peers...without just going out and giving invites to every PU + like other sites have done..

Im using this to help the staff of a particular site to decide which steps to take in order to bring the leechers to us.

This site has beaten all but 2 sites with pre times every time...and sometimes beats the two other sites as well. So pre times cant be an excuse, content cant be because everything gets uploaded. So it has to be the number of seeders...yet every seeder is a seedbox that seeds for 5+ days due to the current inactivity on the tracker.

Im just curious to see the other side of the picture, because as an uploader to 5 high level sites, this is the only tracker where I dont max out my connection the second after i upload a file there.
    You just answer your own question. There is not enough leechers. Most trackers thinks that uploaders are the more important of the two and the reward system shows it. You know the problem is not related to pretime or dl time. In this case dl speed have nothing to do with the numbers of seeds cos of the presence of seedbox.
    That is why I said you are asking the wrong question. I would ask, How do you increase the number of leech without increasing the number of members?

hey: I am just trying to be of help here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123