Thread: PPF Patchers

Hi again folks,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with PPF Patchers and could recommend one to me to use.

I have never had to use anything like this before and am not even 100% sure what they actually do - other than presumably "fix" an .img file.

That said do they also patch an .iso file?

Anyway, any recommended patchers you folks know of?

Many thanks.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DepthCharge View Post
    Hi again folks,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with PPF Patchers and could recommend one to me to use.

I have never had to use anything like this before and am not even 100% sure what they actually do - other than presumably "fix" an .img file.

That said do they also patch an .iso file?

Anyway, any recommended patchers you folks know of?

Many thanks.
    I use this one:

http://halo2.filefront.com/file/PPFOMatic;24225x

They only release those fixes (it's just a little file telling the program to change some bytes) when it is needed. Usually to get a release working or some other "important" stuff.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Brilliant, thats the one I found on Google as well so nice to know someone is using it and it works.

Can the patches be applied to iso files as well as img files do you know.

In fact that raises a slightly off topic query. If I have a filename.img file, I normally rename it to filename.iso file.

No idea WHY I do this, its just that I have always worked with iso files I guess.

Do img files work the same as iso files for example (e.g. would Daemon Tools recognise it and could it be burnt using Nero).

Thanks for the feedback!

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    It can be applied to any file. You just select "all files" when you are browsing for the file.
    I don't know if you get any problem with patching a file you have renamed. If you run the patcher you'll get a notice anyway, that the data cannot be found, or does not match.

Daemon tools/Nero can use/burn IMG files, but you have to select "all files" to open it.

There are some people who claims that video dvds or something is problematic in Nero but I've never had any issue with it.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Thanks very much MultiForce!

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    NZB Looter
    To burn img I usually double-click on it, then my dvddecrypter will launch with a pop up window asking me to insert a blank dvdr.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Thanks rokie, although this was not actually a query about burning img files, but more about whether or not the PPF patches being able to be used on a re-named file.

In this case it was not a problem and the linked PPF Patcher worked fine on the re-named img >> iso file.

Many thanks to all who help answer these queries at FST!