Thread: Megaupload vs rapidshare

Hi guys I wanted to subscribe to a premium account...

Does anybody of u use megaupload? I read that u can have problems regarding the lack of free slots even if u have the premium account...

is that true?

The only thing that makes me go for megaupload is the download limit u have with rapidshare (max 25gb in 5days)...
    I know that rapidshare is widespread and u can find things easily , but that's not a problem...

Only want to know which is best in terms of quality of service..

Thx guys

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by faenil View Post
    Hi guys I wanted to subscribe to a premium account...

Does anybody of u use megaupload? I read that u can have problems regarding the lack of free slots even if u have the premium account...

is that true?
    i dont think so, i've had my account for about a year and a half now, and i never experience that kind of problem at all

Quote Originally Posted by faenil View Post
    The only thing that makes me go for megaupload is the download limit u have with rapidshare (max 25gb in 5days)...
    I know that rapidshare is widespread and u can find things easily , but that's not a problem...

Only want to know which is best in terms of quality of service..
    true there is no download limit at all, and the overall quality of service is great since there are only several rare occasion where i found that the file that i want download are unavailable. but the issue that i've got w/ MU is mostly the fact that files that are avilable on MU is rather limited to certain kind of files, and there's not much of variety in it. but if you dont mind with this kind of issue, might as well subscribed to it

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    typeoholic's Avatar Poster
    Never had any problems with MegaUpload and have been a premium member there for a few years. However with RS, some of the things that I have encountered there are: your files sometimes mysteriously disappear
    , plus you have the max 25GB in 5 days.

However, more people use RS; that's a fact. It's safe to go with both though, IMO

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    k thx guys I think I'll go for MU

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ^^^
    Id say go for RS..

The MU mirrors are lot less compared to RS.. Besides RS has greater content base..
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Rs has better content and larger community