Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: This is crazzy

Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Didn't Utorrent get seized (bought out) by Mac?

Azureus is your friend.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    grimms, were you running any other software at the time, or any background services such as AV? I'm not saying those were the issue, but finding a commonality is important if there is a bug. It could simply be a memory leak, as memory being filled seems to have happen as well. Have you noticed high or raising ram recently since upgrading?
    Yea i'm running crazy amounts of softwares like Mcafee Total Protection, WindowsBlinds, Objectdock,SG, Ad-Watch, and Avedesk. So maybe that has something to do with it?

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    it's suck, on one hand REVTT or TTI i dont remember ban 1.7.6 on the other hand The Vault ban 1.7.7 it's really hard to combine.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I'm not sure if it exists or not, but perhaps a community rep section would be helpfull. A place for admins/mods to discuss why certain clients are ban'd/not ban'd, problems they are having with them, concerns, etc...
    Just a thought to bring some unity to the whole client fiasco. Information and more communication between sites wouldn't hurt with all the rumors and speculation.
    I know not all sites have community reps, but a lot do.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    What gets me is, its the trackers that get it in the neck for this, but surely if Utorrent got it correct at 1st time of asking (or even the 2nd) then this sort of thing wouldnt happen.

and i have to laugh at these comments, that say "well SCT have banned/allowed it, so other will follow suit"

hmm why, we dont take our orders from anyone, never mind SCT or even the Utorrent Devs.

so before you start bad mouthing the trackers, maybe get onto Utorrent to get their act together and quickly.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    What gets me is, its the trackers that get it in the neck for this, but surely if Utorrent got it correct at 1st time of asking (or even the 2nd) then this sort of thing wouldnt happen.

and i have to laugh at these comments, that say "well SCT have banned/allowed it, so other will follow suit"

hmm why, we dont take our orders from anyone, never mind SCT or even the Utorrent Devs.

so before you start bad mouthing the trackers, maybe get onto Utorrent to get their act together and quickly.
    Although I agree with what you've said, as I stated in another post, the 1.7.5 to 1.7.6 update was for a known vulerability, and the 1.7.6 to 1.7.7 was for a different problem found during a code audit. Now no one can verify the exploit found via the code audit, because no company is going to release technical details about exploits in previous versions, to protect their non-updating users, and to protect against bad publicity. No company does this, uTorrent isn't any different.
    I'm not defending uTorrent, and I'm not saying I totally believe the story, but theres really no proof against it either. So no use arguing over the updates. But IMO, IF there were new bugs found, I appreciate their effort to correct them, even if it means releasing an update 1 week after the previous one. I mean c'mon, do you really think they like recoding updates that often?

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ok 1.6 and 1.6.1 has been fine for 2 years or so, then they have this problem.

so its taken them 2 years to discover it, sorry but that just reaks of bull to me.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    they are still discovering flaws in windows XP, how long has that been out?
    Not much of an argument there, although I do agree that it is kind of fishy, as I said, no real evidence against or for this whole argument over these updates.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Yea the utorrent 1.6.1 banning was BS from the beginning. I updated to 1.7.6 and 1.7.7. and been having problems ever since.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    1.7.7 good

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast