Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another seedbox question....

Kapone's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    The error says... "Remote desktop cannot verifiy the identity of the computer you want to connect to. Could be the following 2 reasons"...

1) The remote computer is running a version of windows that is earlier then Vista.

2) The remote computer is configured to support only the RDP Security Layer.

I have no idea what number 2 means..LMAO..

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    at the bottom, there's a msg : Do you want to connect anyway ? ....... just click yes

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Neo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    You should be able to connect through the RDC.

As fstokebanget say what happens when u try to connect?
    Last edited by Neo; 02-06-2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: was writing the message... answered.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    When I continue on I get to the Windows Server 2003 screen. A login box asks for username and password. When I enter my info I get "The system could not log you on." Make sure username and domain are correct. Also verfify the password is typed correctly.

So I'm thinking I'm not doing anything wrong. I have a email into my host now to verify my username and password. I'll keep you posted.... Thanks for the help

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    this won't apply to you now, seeing that you have already bought a windows box, but one thing that i found helps with linux is to setup vmware on your pc and load the server version of the linux os you will get on the seedbox. Then you can practice getting used to the os and setting up your client without messing up a server or your own computer.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i hate rtorrent its like nothing, im a utorrent or nuttin............... hated rtorrent

open your firewall on your comp and your router and or your antivirus prog
    Last edited by weenden; 02-06-2008 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    I opened my firewall up to allow "remote desktop, and Scene" And turned off my antivirus to see and still I am unable to log into the server. I get the same error as above. I'll have a look at my router now... Oh and also I'm using utorrent. Thats what I should be for Windows correct? Thanks for the suggestions..
    Last edited by Kapone; 02-06-2008 at 11:24 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12