Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idea for Tracker reviews and WTAW

Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    k its only private between the OP and the mods until the tracker staff say yes or no.

If it was just the review i wouldnt be making this thread, but correct me if im wrong, it seems that all trackers that have a review, are put into the WTAW thread, well once in there its impossible to get out.

so lets take a new tracker for example, that wants members.

a member makes a review, the mods here ask the owner/staff if they want the review on here, if they want users they will jump at the chance, but then in the future, if they change their mind, then its tough, they agreed to it.

the way it is now, the owners/staff dont get a look in, its on there and tough anyway, then they complain they dont want to be there, the staff on here say tough your on, so that causes some animosity.

I dont expect the staff on here to bend over backwards, but it could bring relationships closer together between tracker staff and FST, and that has to be a good thing imo.

You have a good point.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I agree with cabalo you make a good point.

If it is frowned upon by torrent sites why not just encourage banning for those people that make reviews? or even speak about the tracker in public which i find silly because no matter what you do the name will always be mentioned best thing i could think of is just to keep your doors closed. what sort of attention do torrent site owners want to aviod?
    Last edited by sleepyy; 02-05-2008 at 05:57 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well from our POV, and granted we have had 100,000 members before so probably a mute point.

I didnt even know this forum as it is now existed till 8 months ago, i never knew there was a WTAW thread, but we have been on their for 2 years at least as far as im aware.

Did we ever get asked, or even asked our opinion of the actual review, no we didnt.

(btw i was a member when this was the k-lite forum, hence why i had 600+ posts and a member since 2002, i didnt come back here till 8 months ago).

Life would be boring if people didnt suggest new ways to do things, if this falls on deaf ears at least i have put it out there to be discussed. but like the Reformed WTAW thread, i actually got listened to (that doesnt even happen on my tracker lol) so thought why not throw something else ot there, that might get noticed.
    Last edited by stoi; 02-05-2008 at 05:37 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    I didnt even know this forum as it is now existed till 8 months ago, i never knew there was a WTAW thread, but we have been on their for 2 years at least as far as im aware.

but like the Reformed WTAW thread, i actually got listened to (that doesnt even happen on my tracker lol).
    Stoi i think people listen you. Sometimes it's just not in the timely manner that you want or prefer. Same her about FST. I didn't even know about this site until Oink.me shut down on October 23rd. Read the news that linked to here and torrent freaks.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Idea sound very good to me and it should be something like stoi said

review should be there only if sites owner sysops allowe it

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    Idea sound very good to me and it should be something like stoi said

review should be there only if sites owner sysops allowe it
    Like i previously stated it could happen but stoi would need some serious support to sway the mods decision on this one due to FST site rules. I'm for it but unfortunately my opinion won't matter cause i'm not a Tracker Staff, Mod, or Administrator at any tracker.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Who keeps adding tags, as its not me "fst in mexico" wtf lol

lets take the only level 10 in the WTAW.

they got closed down, came back and their main focus is on security.

But they are lvl 10 so are getting a lot of attention just for that.

It seems the sites that dont care about security are lvl 1-3 those that do are lvl 4-10, but no one wants 1-3 trackers, they all want 4-10 trackers.

also regarding that post, i cant speak for the OP there, but maybe he was like that because there was a review of his site, and he didnt want it there.

And you mentioned, just ban the user that posted the review, fine and dandy but by then its to late, the review has already been posted and your already on the WTAW thread.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    So it's the fear of getting shut down i don't think that any site owner can 100 percent ensure that details of the site the site name content whatever that it will not be put on the net once one person wants to be a member others will also talk and the people that are wanting to shut down the sites i somehow don't think they are stupid enough to miss the opportunity to add another torrent site to their list i know threads such as wtaw don't help but that's just one list out of the 100s already around.

All you can do is prevent a site with 50000 members is always more of a risk than a site with 1000 members because the 1000 members will not get so much attention and not so many people will speak of the site 50000 it's hard to silence all of those people and you can't do it that's just something sites have to put up with if all sites closed their doors so early nobody would be bittorrenting now
    Last edited by sleepyy; 02-05-2008 at 06:41 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    ideto's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Agree with stoi.
    There are second intentions about osme Reviews, goods or not, we don't want them.

I don't look for Rarity, (in my opinion Levels should be made based on Quality, or simply shouldn't be) and there are some 'hot subjects' here about that. Perfectly unecessary that subjects. Everyone should look by his side, not looking for what the other do as well :S

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    it's not just rarity look at what the sites have to offer 0day specific content bla bla it's helpful if you look beyond the levels i would have been without a hd and music site if it wern't for that thread after oink was closed i had nowhere to go then i moved else where and im now happy that's the first place i went to look for an alternative how else would people join sites if nobody knew about their existence if owners want the site to be so private then before opening the site there should be some sort of hidden forums to advertise to the type of members they want to atract.
    Last edited by sleepyy; 02-05-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12