Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This Will Give Ya Chills For Sure

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I'm sorry to inform you that this does not give me chills for sure. Oddly enough, it reminded me of the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I'm certain that wasn't its original intent, but there you go.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Another whining warmonger who thinks that if you don't agree with his viewpoint then you are a snivelling coward and should keep your mouth shut.

He also thinks that 9/11 was a good reason for war with Iraq, even though there has been no link shown.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    WOO! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster
    What goes around comes around, as old binliner,saddam, and co' will find out.
    The world is not big enough for those arseholes to hide in. it's only a matter of time!! billyfridge
    Man U fer eva

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Will bush and blair find that out then too?

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@31 July 2003 - 13:50
    I'm sorry to inform you that this does not give me chills for sure. Oddly enough, it reminded me of the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I'm certain that wasn't its original intent, but there you go.

The parallel escapes me, completely. Maybe both sets of civilians killed, were victims of actions undertaken by their governments, but that seems specious.

Your comment is very out of character, so I assume you were responding to the emotional manipulation the poster and his link were attempting to force on you. I can't help but be a little disappointed. You should direct your response to the poster, not the victims.

As for my response, it does not fill me with sadness, but a terrible rage.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by hobbes+31 July 2003 - 21:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 31 July 2003 - 21:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MagicNakor@31 July 2003 - 13:50
    I&#39;m sorry to inform you that this does not give me chills for sure. Oddly enough, it reminded me of the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I&#39;m certain that wasn&#39;t its original intent, but there you go.

The parallel escapes me, completely. Maybe both sets of civilians killed, were victims of actions undertaken by their governments, but that seems specious.

Your comment is very out of character, so I assume you were responding to the emotional manipulation the poster and his link were attempting to force on you. I can&#39;t help but be a little disappointed. You should direct your response to the poster, not the victims.

As for my response, it does not fill me with sadness, but a terrible rage. [/b][/quote]
    Hello Hobbes,

The mind is a strange organ. Unexpected associations can be conjured up.

Your feelings of rage surprised me. You did not explain the cause of your rage. Did you mean the use of the atomic bomb against civilians or the aeroplanes flying into the towers?

Edit: The manipulation or something else

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    It was the constant "Never Forget." It&#39;s a phrase that&#39;s been applied to both Great Wars, the atomic bombing of Japan (although not the firebombing of Tokyo, which is rather confusing), and more recently, the Holocaust.

I wasn&#39;t commenting on the victims at all, but, as you said, the flagrant attempt at emotional manipulation. Perhaps if sampson had had something in his post than "This Will Give Ya Chills For Sure" and a link, there would&#39;ve been more to respond to. And while I have sympathy for the victims and their friends and family, the event entire has been grossly manipulated by the United States government.

Or perhaps I just cannot have the emotional response that is trying to be provoked. My roommate, who is American, was certainly more distraught about the entire event than I was.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    i thought it was good, up until the &#39;in your face&#39; comments like "THIS COULD BE YOUR SISTER" and shit like that. it would&#39;ve been fine without the words.

but for those of you who are discrespecting the U.S. and in effect mocking the sept. 11 attacks, FUCK YOU.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast