Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: list of HnR allowed trackers

You mean general ratio 1.0..?Not for the specific file,right?
    I have no idea for this tracker..
    Generally there are trackers that don t force to seed till ratio 1.0 or for 543.34h...
    example TB

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    You are wrong, my friend.

In the F.A.Q is clearly stated that Hit&Runners can even be banned, and not only that, there is a post when they warn users that if you invite an user who H&R the amount this user downloaded will be added to yours.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    No it's not people who have more than 1.0 ratio can turn off their torrents when finished this is stated in the f.a.q
    You mean general ratio 1.0..?Not for the specific file,right?
    I have no idea for this tracker..
    Generally there are trackers that don t force to seed till ratio 1.0 or for 543.34h...
    example TB

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    from BMTV FAQ:

here is a lot of talk about having a 1:1 ratio and how long you should seed. This should help:
    • Your ratio is a measure across all your torrents.
    • Try to seed each torrent to at least 0.5 (REGARDLESS of how long this takes)
    • If the torrent is busy then hang about until you reach 1:1 (or longer if you can)
    • If you are seeding more than one torrent, but one has 100 seeds and the other has 1 seed, stop the one with 100 seeds and concentrate your bandwidth on the rarer one.
    • Whenever possible don't remove torrents just stop them. Then if the number of seeds falls you can jump back in quickly to get some credits.
    • DON'T LEAVE A SWARM that has a low seed to leech ratio until either:
      • The swarm has lots of seeds and you can do more good seeding elsewhere
      • You have reached 1:1
      Leaving a swarm before this will classify you as a "Hit and Runner" and will kill both your ratio and your kudos level. Eventually we might start banning these types of users.
    So even with ratio, you need to seed every torrent to .5 at MINIMUM
    Edit: only one scenerio above is an exception, the one about having 2 torrents being seeded, 1 with 100 seeders, 1 with 1 seeder, and you can close the one with 100 seeders to help more with the less seeded one. But this would be very rare indeed.
    Last edited by Tokeman; 02-05-2008 at 09:34 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    you should correct what you said at TL, a HnR there is seeding below 0.7

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    what is the big prob ? seed after u dl.. at least 48 hours..

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    New members (members with accounts less than 4 weeks old) and members with a ratio below 1.00 should always continue to seed for at least 48 - 72 hours or until they reach a upload to download ratio of 1:1, whichever comes first. Members with ratios above 1.00 may stop seeding immediately after download, if the torrent has a seeder to leecher ratio of 6:1 or higher.

I have no idea if this is for indevidual torrents or for your overall ratio but i thought it's for overall ratio

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by mievmo View Post
    +1
    In some cases you have to HnR..
    For example if you download from an acc with big buffer, the file has many users seeding it..so you HnR..you dont need to seed the file,the file doesnt need you to stay alive and other users have to seed to maintain their ratio
    Recently happened to me

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    ideto's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by cbzakis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mievmo View Post
    +1
    In some cases you have to HnR..
    For example if you download from an acc with big buffer, the file has many users seeding it..so you HnR..you dont need to seed the file,the file doesnt need you to stay alive and other users have to seed to maintain their ratio
    Recently happened to me
    Now I have to say +1.
    I don't want the biggest buffered account, I want A >1 ratio, and if I could help the others, better.
    With my 'more buffered'' accounts, I seed for a while (about 48 at least) and I stop when I have to, don't need to seed seed seed. Let the others have good ratios too.
    But when I need to buffer mine, wow, I let it seeding for months xD.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I need to b/c i share a dsl line w/ 80 kbps up with 5 people. If I I am uploading the internet becomes so slow it un usable. I have a seedbox, but can't keep it forever so I want to buffer my accounts with it, then use the buffer without having to seed back. I also\so cant leave my comp on 24/7

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast