Thread: Stop the Waffles spammage!

mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    This is just a little something that has been bothering me for a while now.

@Waffles members:

By now everybody who is a member of waffles should know how the invite system works. If you don't, you need to spend a little more time on the site figuring it out.

We need to stop spamming waffles invite threads with "waffles invites are closed right now." While the phrase might be true at the moment, it could change at anytime during the day.

Instead of getting the requesters' hopes down by a "closed" spam, just let the thread be, or if you just have to post something, state that they should keep their fingers crossed and that invites open up periodically.

I know its not a big deal but I had to get that off my chest.

Anyways, happy torrenting!
    Kindness goes a long way!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Neo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I've done that. My intentions were only to inform the member that people might not be answering his request for a very good reason: They are indeed closed. If the member knew it he would not ask for it. So, if he does not know it why should he keep the idea that no one gives a s*it about his request instead of beeing informed why that is happening?

I can't quite see your point here.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Most users already add "(when/if open)" if waffles is on their giveaway list.
    That's how it should be done, so everyone knows it's possible they'll have to wait for their invite.
    For the rest I agree with leopalas.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    which is why I suggested answering it in a different way.

I actually say this based on personal experience.

I asked kindly for a waffles invite some time ago and everyone told me they were closed. Lo and behold, the very same day I start seeing people all of a sudden handing out invites in giveaway threads.

Had I not been browsing the FST forums at the time, I would have missed my chance. I had thought I would have to wait weeks for the invites to open again.

So all I'm saying is lets not misinform people or give them the wrong impression.
    Kindness goes a long way!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    Well said brother!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Neo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I can see your point now. Still, my intentions were the best cause I also know what it is to hang in there waiting for an answer watching my thread die down the pages... It was just because of that that I answered. next time I'll PM him. Cheers!