Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions About Editing Mp3 Files

Thanks for the Help I had used a previous version of Tag and Rename...I had tried using the functions including all music,etc... however It was either my error or some other type of problem. My music files are all in the same folder..will this cause a problem? and if I don't have the whole album willit still be able to tag and rename them? IS there a way to allow windows xp to read the tag infor and sisplay it in the folder containing music or is just best to use a program to view your collection. I guess everyone wants a easy one click fix to everything...sometimes it takes a minute to figure things out.

- Dr. Bips

2. Music   -   #12
    most tagging programs are only useful if you have them in folders for each album, in the correct order.

If however, you have all your files named by the same standard (and if they are all in the same folder then i imagine they should all be named "Artist - Title"), you can use Get Tags From Filename and create a rule to fill in the Artist and Title fields of the tags.

If you right click on the folder you store your music in on Windows XP, you can go to the Customize tab, and from there change it to the "Music" option, and this will then display the tags when u look in the folder. By right clicking the bar that goes along the top like this

Name Size Type Artist Album Title Year etc etc

you can choose which attributes to display.

hope this helps.

3. Music   -   #13
    Thanks again how might I create that rule

4. Music   -   #14
    if you are using Version 3 RC1 then all you have to do is navigate to the music folder using T&R, then clicking on the Get Tags From Filename (F4) tab.

where it says file name mask, enter %1 - %2

makes sure all the music files are selected (have blue ticks in them) - there is a button to Select All Files, on one of the toolbars.

now click Test, and it'll show you how it will enter the tags. if it's satisfactory, then click "Write Tags" on the box that popped up when you clicked Test.

Remember - this will only work for any files that are named in the Artist - Title format.

5. Music   -   #15
    OK I think I see my problem here I allready named them to just artist track but I don't have complete albums or any orther info in the Id3 tag except that ....How do I find the rest of the information for the track ex. album, track number? Also I dont have complete albums just the songs I liek from them.

6. Music   -   #16
    if u don't have the full album it becomes difficult. there is no database for single songs, it would confuse the programs too much. you'd be quicker inputting the info yourself. if you don't have the full album i don't see the need to know the track number etc.

you can edit tags in Winamp, Windows Media Player, Musicmatch Jukebox, and even in Windows XP itself. Do it manually if you really want it done, because for single songs you won't have much luck finding a programs that can do it for you much quicker (if at all) than you can yourself.

7. Music   -   #17
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ummm I use Orange CD

8. Music   -   #18
    I am a fanatic about organizing my music and have tried numerous programs over the last couple of months. I have been using musicmatch for four months now but have just discovered media monkey last night. I love it! It is completely user friendly and does everything other applications do except way easier to understand.

Give it a try. www.mediamonkey.com

9. Music   -   #19
    I have found that eJukebox will find the Album for me but you must first play the song for it to look up the album

10. Music   -   #20
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    MY HD is a MESS ATM need to organise it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast