Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visual Basic

Has any one ever build a mp3 player using visual basic if so please can you point me in the right direction for a good detail tutorioal?
    many thanks Monkeyhead

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Use this website:

http://www.developerfusion.com/show/62/

But I don't see the point in developing it in VB, it'll be slow and a big file. You're better off using a high-level language such as C/C++, C/J# etc..

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i been there before and discover the turiol isnt that well explained

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Amarjit@31 July 2003 - 06:10
    Use this website:

http://www.developerfusion.com/show/62/

But I don't see the point in developing it in VB, it'll be slow and a big file. You're better off using a high-level language such as C/C++, C/J# etc..
    Theres no since in him attempting to implement a high level language such as C++ if he doesnt have the "high level" knowledge. . If he has no programming experience at all then vb might be the his best bet for now, depending on what he wants to code.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    why you so negative for? you cant learn things by starting of as an advance user you learn by mistakes starting of as an beginnger going through to advance!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by monkeyhead@1 August 2003 - 12:34
    why you so negative for? you cant learn things by starting of as an advance user you learn by mistakes starting of as an beginnger going through to advance!
    Were you reffering to me? If so, I wasnt being negative at all. Im telling you the truth. You cant code anything in C++ if you dont know what your doing. I was merely implying that vb would be better for you because a lot of beginners start out with vb and it helps them better understand the nature of coding.

You can of course choose not to take my friendly advice and try to code in C++ but I can assure you it isnt worth the waste of time. Try out vb, make a couple of simple programs and go from there.

Btw this might help http://www.free-ed.net/fr03/lfc/030202/120/

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Finally someone that respects Visual Basic, good job shn, *tear*.

For all you codist C++ bastards! SUCK IT!! LOL!!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Visual Basic is a good peice of software. It's good for making small stuff and misc apps and that. Its just that it teaches you bad programming habits and styles and the workflow is considerably different then other programming languages.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Xilo, do you have any examples for us? Bad habits?

Anyways monkeyhead what you want is this:

DirectX 9.0b SDK

This allows you to create mp3 players, games, etc. A LOT easier, it comes with samples, source code, and everythinig you need to have the best Visual Basic experience. I believe it might only work for .NET though, not sure.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Supernode's Avatar SWEDISH BT Rep: +1
    Now we talking B)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast