Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seedbox ... u need it

Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    i can't afford seedboxes, home connection is the only way. if only they were cheaper.. 80 euro is lke 100+ australian bucks... noway

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by trinity666 View Post
    I happen to go through the things posted here and I can see that people are looking for seedboxes. Many of them pay over the odds buying at HIVEBOX. Two months ago I found a seedbox I can recommend - here's the offer
    http://boardster.net/seedbox/
    Have a look at my screens
    http://boardster.net/seedbox/viewtopic.php?t=6
    The truth is that my seedbox is one-person and it costs 85 euro but I send around 7-9 TB a month. I would pay a fortune for the same at Hivebox.
    ovh... isn't it?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    From a quick search for the person offering these servers, it appears they are using OVH for their french ones.

OVH actually has a website you can visit, and better pricing.
    http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/dedicated_offers.xml or http://www.ovh.com for french language/euro pricing.
    If you order a Core2Duo E6750 from ovh, you get double the HDD of his cheapest box and save 61 euro/month.

Unless you have a reason for trusting someone who will give you nothing but an MSN address when you pay them for a box, I would stick with the real hosting companies.

Edit: @yayyyyyy: it would appear so. It's certainly the company the seller is using for their seedbox

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    quit reminding me of seedboxes...my epenis shrinks
    seedbox seedbox seedbox seedbox seedbox seedbox seedbox seedbox seedbox seedbox seedbox seedbox

now mines bigger

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Prices are EXTREMELY high for torrent users who only look to seed back a bit and not pay this prices.

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    If you're after something smaller and cheaper, leasweb are doing an express server at the moment with 2TB/mo and 160GB HDD for 39 euro. It's not that big on processor or memory, but enough to run tflux with and seed some files.

I use the same spec box with only 500GB/mo for my seedbox and it's fine.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    C'mon nobody forces you to use their seedboxes... If uploading 10 TBs for 85 Euro is a lot, sorry then...

Leasweb has got seedboxes for 59 Euro but you need to add VAT and it's only 2 TB. Unlimited traffic starts from 300 Euro...
    Last edited by trinity666; 02-07-2008 at 08:14 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    If you look carefully, you can find them at 39 euro, with 19% vat added that's 46 euro. Half the price and a bit more suited to lower budgets which is what monk3y mentioned. If you happen to live outside the EU, you don't need to pay VAT on it either.

The main problem though is that this person has no details listed other than an MSN address, and as is proven by his prices for OVH servers, he's ripping people off. He does nothing at all, and adds 55% markup. If he can charge 85 euro for a german server, I guarantee you'll find the host he's using will charge you less.
    You also do not have the hastle of dealing with a 3rd party for support, as you can go direct to the host.

Finally, OVH T&C forbid renting out their servers to others. If they decide to do something about this guy one day then you can kiss your server goodbye with no chance of a refund.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Ok Ill be the one to say it: Anyone who pays money to this guy is a complete idiot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12