Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emule - Which Speed Is Correct

Poster
    Plus might claim it has more options but I found it really slow and useless, a lot of the configuration tabs grayed out and unuseable.
    I've gone back to 28a and it works quite well with my 2mb connection configured as DSL 1600 / 90 and preferences set to 100% uploads/ unlimited downloads, Throttled by Netlimiter instead. When the sources drop off, I throttle back to maintain a 3/1 download/upload ratio. When I find sources, I throttle back up to about 80% of my upload speed.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    if i try to use emule instead of plus how do i continue my downloads from plus into eMule. do i have to move all of the "parts" created?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Don't you keep your temp folder outside the system folders anyway? You should.

You can just copy the folder to another location and point to it when you reinstall. Restart emule and it will find it. Keep a copy of server.met too just in case .

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    ok thanks for the help

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by Dapadipz@31 July 2003 - 15:22
    @thisiswhoweare

What Would Be My Best Settings In Your Opinion.
    I Have XP Home, ADSL 576 Down 256 Up
    Any Help Would Be Apreciatted
    Post current settings and I'll see what needs improving.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by balamm@31 July 2003 - 15:35
    Don't you keep your temp folder outside the system folders anyway? You should.

You can just copy the folder to another location and point to it when you reinstall. Restart emule and it will find it. Keep a copy of server.met too just in case .
    or you can just tell emule where to find the temp folder

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Heres My Current eMule Plus Settings
    Im Bout To Install eMule Too.
    Tell Me If U Need Any Other Settings
    Cheers

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Try reducing upload to 20-25Kb instead of 30. Your max upload is 32KB, and you dont leave much room for sending out data for your own requests.

Increase max connections to 500, or 1000....try out both to see which works better for you.

Not sure what your sources per file is, but usually a good number is 300. If very popular try 400.

Might want to change the 20 (connections per 5 sec) up to 30.

Make sure you have a highID.

Share some gigs of stuff if you can, make sure you dont have more than 500 files as most servers dont like it as it adds stress to them and most likely blacklist you for it.

Shared stuff needs to be relatively big files, like archived music albums/films/games, and not small files like single mp3s etc. Emule network works better with larger files.

Download 20-30 files at once, it works better than a few at once.

Well i hope that helps/.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    im not sure whether its the latest version of emule or edonkey, but if you use the latest versions they arent compatible with the plus version and might mean you cant go back to the emule plus version.
    I'm not to certain on this so you might wanna try the plus forum and ask.
    http://emuleplus.sourceforge.net/forum

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Thanks For All That thisiswhoweare

hope it all works

cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast