Page 1 of 49 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Movies Nobody Has Heard Of

Phantom_Magus's Avatar DDC BT Rep: +4
    Have you ever watched a movie that you'd never heard of and it completely blew you away? What are some of the diamonds in the rough you've uncovered in your time? Maybe they're indie movies, maybe they're forgotten, or maye they're movies that were overshadowed by other releases at the time.

For me, Interstate 60 came out of nowhere and completely rocked my world. It was a straight to video movie written and directed by Bob Gale, of Back to the Future fame. It's a little Alice in Wonderland-ish and definately worth a watch if you can find it.

Some others I'd recommoned are: Brick, Kids, and The Beach.

Let's hear some others.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    pi, by david aronofsky. he's such an awesome director but because his movies aren't blockbusters he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. he did requiem for a dream too and it was even better than pi, but less obscure.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    If..., directed by Lindsay Anderson and starring Malcolm McDowell.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    'If' is actually part of a loose trilogy from Lindsay Anderson and Malcolm McDowell's protagonist, Travis.

The sequel was 'O Lucky Man' which follows Travis's adventures after 'If'. It has a brilliant soundtrack by Alan Price and I consider it to be one of the finest films ever made. It has largely the same cast as 'If' with the actors reprising similar roles. Do check it out if you haven't already.

The third film was Britannia Hospital but it fell quite short of the mark imo and is the weakest of the three.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I did see Oh, Lucky Man but never heard of the last one.

If... and Barbarella were paired as a midnight show that ran for much of my college career...the perfect combination of sex and revolution.

Ah, good times.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Phantom_Magus's Avatar DDC BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post
    pi, by david aronofsky. he's such an awesome director but because his movies aren't blockbusters he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. he did requiem for a dream too and it was even better than pi, but less obscure.
    Yeah I like Aronofsky too. Did you check out The Fountain? I've been meaning to but haven't gotten around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Looked into it, sounds pretty cool, definately going to check it out.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    tanakmonitor's Avatar 3D Freak BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Man from Earth...
    Proud member of BITME
    :btm:

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    I never knew about Mirrormask until I saw it on tv, it's now my favorite fantasy movie.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    canpan1808's Avatar Give-away state BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i don't think it is a best movie that nobody has heard of. The best movies are usually known.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    baseketball

Page 1 of 49 123411 ... LastLast