Thread: Please convince me to get newsleecher and its supersearch!!

kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11

Question Mark

I'm doing Ok with grabit and usenetserver's subscription. i pretty much search and find whatever i want here at Fst or NZBR'US.
    I just don't understand what greater advantages i'll receive by paying 2.99$/Mo to Newsleecher?
    Thanks

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by kayvanblue View Post
    I'm doing Ok with grabit and usenetserver's subscription. i pretty much search and find whatever i want here at Fst or NZBR'US.
    I just don't understand what greater advantages i'll receive by paying 2.99$/Mo to Newsleecher?
    Thanks

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    To be honest I wondered about this myself mate.

All I am using at the moment is FST, binsearch and NZBMatrix and so far had a 100% success rate on anything I have needed to pick up.

I am sure Newsleecher is as good as folks say, but I just have not needed anything more than what I described above.

I also use Alt.Binz and the search functions built into that quite often pick up anything else I might be looking for.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Poster
    Newsleecher is great - only paid once as don't use the Supersearch facility

for NZB searching, I pay Newzbin

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I can't convince you of it.

I love Grabit... auto extracts and all. I hear Newsleecher does this in their newest version, but meh.

Newsleecher also only costs a tiny amount, but I've never seen the need for it their "Supersearch". Plus, you have to repurchase the software every 12 months if you want a newer version? Screw that.

FST, Newsbin, Newzleech, and Binsearch give me all I could ever want.

yo

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Thanks for that Skizo, I had not tried Newzleech before so I just checked it out.

Looks damned impressive to say the least so thats another one to add for me.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I bought it and yes I believe that I have to pay $29.95 every year to keep using the supersearch feature. I paid for it because it has all the features you want in a News reader and the supersearch feature simply kicks ass. Just type what you are looking for and start leeching.

Like I said. It has everything I need and want in a binary news reader. I loved it since it was able to automatically kill hanged connections and reconnect after whatever period of time you choose. That was the main reason I got it back then because speed was critical and this made it max your connection every time but now the supersearch feature keeps me coming back. I don't bother with sites that index usenet stuff.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    supersearch is a waste of money just use newzleech.com or binsearch

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    SuperSearch (SS) Service isn't as good as it sounds, the fact is that SS removes some results.
    Try to search keyword "KLONE - Underdog" in SS and Binsearch.info and you will see the difference.