Thread: Playing Downloaded Games

I know this might be a very simple question, but could anybody please tell me what to name a software file to get it to work?

2. Games   -   #2
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Simple question it may be but can you be a little more specific please. This may help you though

FAQ

3. Games   -   #3
    I,ve downloaded Counter Strike. When I try and install it from Kazaa it doesn&#39;t seem to work(When I try to install it to my shared folder it says &#39;invalid directory&#39 and when I try to install it to another folder it still doesn&#39;t work. And when I save it on to my hard disk and try and run it from there, it gives me the option of what package to open it with, and then it still doesn&#39;t work&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Help&#33;?&#33;?

4. Games   -   #4
    don&#39;t you need half life to play that game

5. Games   -   #5
    Yeah I&#39;m pretty sure you do. If you have Half-Life Install it in that directory, other-wise you could look for a stand alone version but I doubt that you&#39;d find one.

6. Games   -   #6
    yeah i just looked Counter strike is a mod running on the Half life engine, so you need Half life.

7. Games   -   #7
    Thanks guys&#33;&#33;&#33;

8. Games   -   #8
    no no no no no no no no no no no... and no

you do not need half life&#33; you got 2 options... buying counter strike by its self, or buying half life then downloading the counter strike mod cause you have to have a retail cd key or it wont work online and im pretty damn sure you dont wanna play counter strike on training

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    I recommend buying Half-Life &#39;cuz it&#39;s a legend, and you can download CS for free...