Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Can't Turn Up The Volume

I am using polk audio speakers that do not have a built in amplifier. I have the computer volume turned all the way up and I can barely hear the music, I downloaded winamp which helped a little but I would still like it to go louder. Is there any software that I can download that will help?
    Thank you

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Could you hear sound well before or using other programs, that info would help?
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I did get volume before I downloaded winamp

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Forum Star
    if you have real one player on your pc, check the volume, it has an effect on other sounds

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by tambaman03@31 July 2003 - 17:49
    I am using polk audio speakers that do not have a built in amplifier. I have the computer volume turned all the way up and I can barely hear the music, I downloaded winamp which helped a little but I would still like it to go louder. Is there any software that I can download that will help?
    Thank you
    It sounds like the volume settings have changed double click on the speaker icon and check that VOLUME CONTROL, WAVE, SW SYNTH are all set to at least 2 settings from the bottom as these all make up your overall speaker outputs

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    sorry i figured you would have tried those..?
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I think in this instance illustrations are required for the jackasses amongst us&#33;

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    go to start>control panel>sounds and speech, and then make sure nothing is muted and set the volume so you can hear it well.

tralalala

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I have tried all those I know how to use the volume control on my computer and nothing is muted and all volumes are turned up. I have tried different settings with media player and winamp. I turned the amplifier button on winamp up all the way and that seemed to help, which leads me to believe that there may be some software that I could download. Does anyone know about some specific sound amplifier software that may be available?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by tambaman03@31 July 2003 - 18:48
    I have tried all those I know how to use the volume control on my computer and nothing is muted and all volumes are turned up. I have tried different settings with media player and winamp. I turned the amplifier button on winamp up all the way and that seemed to help, which leads me to believe that there may be some software that I could download. Does anyone know about some specific sound amplifier software that may be available?
    here a link to there web site there is a contact e-mail address on there they might be able to sort it out for you..
    sorry i cannot help more ... hope you get it sorted.

http://www.polkaudio.com/polk.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast