Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCL (Flower) Request

SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by 808state View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post

It's all in the wording my friend, all in the wording.

"If any of my friends are reading this and has the power and status to ask in the forums for an invite, then I would be eternally grateful if they would ask, and then even more grateful if they would be willing to invite me to that wonderful place, thank you"
    I guess I could have written more, I just wanted to get to the point, rather than writing a long story on why I want/need it, blah blah blah. To me, it sounds really fake when people word things like that.
    And look where getting to the point actually got you, nowhere.

Fake or not, sincerity & humility when you are requesting something for your own personal use, and especially when nothing is being given or expected in return, means you have to put some effort into acquiring your requirements. Just turning up and being blunt and open about certain places is not the right way, for sure it can be to most places, but some places require that bit of ingenuity and thought process being put into the request, especially where invites are actually tightly controlled, you need to be more creative than any other person requesting.

Of course this is just advice, take it or leave it, the choice is always yours.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 808state View Post

I guess I could have written more, I just wanted to get to the point, rather than writing a long story on why I want/need it, blah blah blah. To me, it sounds really fake when people word things like that.
    And look where getting to the point actually got you, nowhere.

Fake or not, sincerity & humility when you are requesting something for your own personal use, and especially when nothing is being given or expected in return, means you have to put some effort into acquiring your requirements. Just turning up and being blunt and open about certain places is not the right way, for sure it can be to most places, but some places require that bit of ingenuity and thought process being put into the request, especially where invites are actually tightly controlled, you need to be more creative than any other person requesting.

Of course this is just advice, take it or leave it, the choice is always yours.
    I guess I think different than some people on the boards.
    I usually just look at their history rather than how they word the request (although being nice/sincere does help).

Oh well, everyone's different and has their own way of doing things. That's what makes everyone unique.
    Thanks for the advice for the future!

Wishing for a FTN or SCC invite

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12