Thread: Green Tax

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'm smiling reading the newest tax budget full of " Green Initiatives " whats a simple family supposed to think ? Other than how can I pay for my children's sports and god help their education ?

http://canadianpress.google.com/arti...Qy1WWvRHUabAww

Then I read this : http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../BNStory/Front

I think what really pisses me of is the 100 bucks per person these clowns promise for every dumb fuck living in B.C.

I know I should n't get angry but I'v followed recycling practices for years before these morons were in power .
    Last edited by peat moss; 02-20-2008 at 03:35 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    The real sad part about these initiatives is that they convey the message that it is ok to pollute as long as you pay the tax on your pollution.

If pollution is bad, then no amount of taxation makes it good; if it is ok to pollute, then we don't need to pay a tax on it.

If we look behind the façade of these so called initiatives we find they are all just money making schemes intended to hoodwink the gullible into believing they've got good government. In actual fact they have no basis in environmental protection.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    They are talking of imposing a fine on anyone who puts waste in the 'wrong' bin. If this is going to be the case then they will have to go back to collecting bins from your back door. What is to stop someone putting stuff in your bin as it sits at the kerbside?

As I understand the law as soon as you place your bin at the kerbside it becomes the responsibility of your local Council. If someoen removes an item from a kerbside bin without permission they could be charged with theft from the Council.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    The real sad part about these initiatives is that they convey the message that it is ok to pollute as long as you pay the tax on your pollution.

If pollution is bad, then no amount of taxation makes it good; if it is ok to pollute, then we don't need to pay a tax on it.

If we look behind the façade of these so called initiatives we find they are all just money making schemes intended to hoodwink the gullible into believing they've got good government. In actual fact they have no basis in environmental protection.
    The same sound reasoning can easily be applied to the "carbon-credit" nonsense.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain