Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem seeding

grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    when you turn off your firewall make sure your firefox or ie browser is closed as well. Just so a nasty virus doesn't get in. It happened to me recently had a svchost.exe at 100% cpu usage issue.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    you don't have comcast do you?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    when you turn off your firewall make sure your firefox or ie browser is closed as well. Just so a nasty virus doesn't get in. It happened to me recently had a svchost.exe at 100% cpu usage issue.
    More than likely your windows svchost file going through the OS updating check, turn it off or just kill the process.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Aeyen's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jnbegnoche View Post
    you don't have comcast do you?
    totally no comcast here

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    More than likely your windows svchost file going through the OS updating check, turn it off or just kill the process.
    How do I turn it off?
    Demonoid all the way

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Yes when you kill the process it disables about 10 different vital services (sound for one)that run in windows. I found that out using process explorer xp. My only solution unfortunately was to do a system restore. Even after "disabling automatic updates" and "notify me before you download automatic updates" A nasty bug got into my system. Aeyen just take bits and pieces from all are posts. If you need any more help, just post in here, or you can pm me and probably everyone in here who has posted a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeyen View Post
    How do I turn it off?
    Don't, it's not your issue. I don't think. unless your computer is running dreadfully slow, then it could be if you right click on your taskbar and select taskmanager or press control + alt + delete, look at processes and see if svchost is using anywhere near 50-97% of your cpu usage.
    Last edited by grimms; 02-10-2008 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Aeyen's Avatar Poster

Yes when you kill the process it disables about 10 different vital services (sound for one)that run in windows. I found that out using process explorer xp. My only solution unfortunately was to do a system restore. Even after "disabling automatic updates" and "notify me before you download automatic updates" A nasty bug got into my system. Aeyen just take bits and pieces from all are posts. If you need any more help, just post in here, or you can pm me and probably everyone in here who has posted a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeyen View Post
    How do I turn it off?
    Don't, it's not your issue. I don't think. unless your computer is running dreadfully slow, then it could be if you right click on your taskbar and select taskmanager or press control + alt + delete, look at processes and see if svchost is using anywhere near 50-97% of your cpu usage.
    But would doing system restore remove my firewall settings?

Also, thank you soo much for the support and for helping me ever since I was new here at FST
    Last edited by Aeyen; 02-10-2008 at 10:04 AM.
    Demonoid all the way

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    at this point i really think you shouldn't worry so much about your firewall settings. afterall, it's relatively painless to setup, except perhaps for the first few days. have you tried turning ZA off like a few have suggested?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    mabey there isnt enough lichers...

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Aeyen's Avatar Poster
    There are ALOT of leechers, and I tried turning ZA off, nothing works, I even tried at some point of time disabling all firewalls and security programs (even windows firewall) and nothing even worked...
    Demonoid all the way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12