Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: | Free.The.Scene | Sign Ups: Open | 2000+ Users |

max59x's Avatar Super FST Member
    That sounds really a BIG bullshit, make people PAY in order to access something that is meant to be shared?

You get that stuff for free, somoene puts in your tracker to share with others but people are only able to access it if they pay you? NO THANKS

That sucks really bad, I would never sign there just for that.

NEVER PAY FOR FILESHARING

I don't wish you good luck because you don't even deserve it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by max59x View Post
    That sounds really a BIG bullshit
    That's funny, I didn't know Bullshit made any sounds...Now I know.

make people PAY in order to access something that is meant to be shared?
    We don't make them pay, it's their choice. Many trackers that are out there have the option to allow users to buy Upload Credit, Invites etc etc. Well, that is exactly what this tracker does, but in addition, we allows them to have access to the VIP section.

You get that stuff for free, somoene puts in your tracker to share with others but people are only able to access it if they pay you? NO THANKS
    And again, you are being too broad with your question. People don't have to pay to access the stuff, hence "Free.The.Scene" (Look for the key word "Free")

That sucks really bad, I would never sign there just for that.
    No one is asking you to sign up, we are not forcing you in anyway, this was posted to let people know there is a new tracker out, and "IF" they are interested, then they could sign up.

I don't wish you good luck because you don't even deserve it.
    You don't deserve to not wish us good luck !

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    ooooof. that browse page is fugly
    Go Leafs Go.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    unless you guys to a huge design overhaul, i highly doubt you will become the next iTS or SLC

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    unless you guys to a huge design overhaul, i highly doubt you will become the next iTS or SLC
    why do they need to become the next its or vlc ?

they cant be them ?

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by ckpro View Post

Come along now and sign up while you can, because once it's closed, you'll be begging for an invite...
    Thankyou,
    CKPro
    You sound desperate to get more users to join. I hope you don't follow other trackers (some) that start up and beg for users, then once they get going, start to shun their users for mentioning their name in public forums.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    There are way too many private trackers already. The problem with a majority of private trackers is that the staff believes that a small community equals a better tracker. IMO, a tracker with 100,000 peers will always be a better tracker than one which is limited to 5,000 peers.

You'll have more seeders, leechers, & alive torrents. Thus, the users are always active. I signed up to all these small rare trackers and all the torrents I want are dead. I signed up with a large private tracker and the torrents that were dead in the rare tracker were very much alive. The bigger the tracker, the more torrents people want.

In a small tracker, everybody has basically everything that has already been released. The only way to keep your account alive at a small tracker is to download the new stuff. Thats not cool. Thats what I liked about Demonoid. You could get whatever you wanted without worrying about being banned because the torrent you wanted had 2 seeds and no leechers.

That isn't the user's problem, it is the tracker's.
    Last edited by Femto; 02-17-2008 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Spelling errors

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    why do they need to become the next its or vlc ?

they cant be them ?
    well in their ads they said sign up now because in a few weeks everyone will want an invite. im not saying i expect them to be a perfect carbon copy of either of the 2 examples i stated, im making a comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Femto View Post
    There are way too many private trackers already. The problem with a majority of private trackers is that the staff believes that a small community equals a better tracker. IMO, a tracker with 100,000 peers will always be a better tracker than one which is limited to 5,000 peers.

You'll have more seeders, leechers, & alive torrents. Thus, the users are always active. I signed up to all these small rare trackers and all the torrents I want are dead. I signed up with a large private tracker and the torrents that were dead in the rare tracker were very much alive. The bigger the tracker, the more torrents people want.

In a small tracker, everybody has basically everything that has already been released. The only way to keep your account alive at a small tracker is to download the new stuff. Thats not cool. Thats what I liked about Demonoid. You could get whatever you wanted without worrying about being banned because the torrent you wanted had 2 seeds and no leechers.

That isn't the user's problem, it is the tracker's.

in demonoid you didnt need to worry about getting banned because the ratio system was busted
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 02-17-2008 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Hope it turns out a wonderful community

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    in demonoid you didnt need to worry about getting banned because the ratio system was busted
    It wasn't busted, it was perfect. Why force the whole world to keep a ratio when more than half the world have poor speeds? In Demonoid it didn't matter if you were on a 56k or 100mbit line because you gave back what you could without worrying about a 1:1 quota.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast