Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expensive $$

What is the most expensive software you've ever downloaded? For me its Adobe Acrobat 6.0 pro ($450)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    3D Studio max 5.0 ( i don't have it now becuase the CD key fucked up) but it was well over $4k

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I take it you mean, what's the one software you've d/led through P2P with the highest price tag?

Has to be Maya 4.5 Unlimited for me - The price tag was £6,000 last time I checked, but there were reports of it costing 30k at some time or another. Not sure how much v5 cost when it came out, though

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Yep Maya has 2 b the most expensive thing i have ever downloaded......

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Macromedia Studio MX US $899.00

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Houdini Master: $17,000 USD

I can't say for sure that this is the MOST expensive I have downloaded, but its among the most expensive at least.

Scott

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by scott_hedrick@1 August 2003 - 00:52
    Houdini Master: $17,000 USD

I can't say for sure that this is the MOST expensive I have downloaded, but its among the most expensive at least.

Scott
    What is that "Houdini Master"?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Its a 3D Modeling/Texturing/Rigging/Animating/Rendering/Everything else program.

Its got an amazing node hierarchy based modelling system... sooo much better than 3dsmax's stack, or Maya's history... it has everything perfect, except the interface which is not very customisable.

Its got an fucking amazing particle system, which lets you create really complex expression to drive the particles, and watch them in real time, and then go back and edit the emiiter etc. etc.

I could go on for days about it... its just brilliant. My only complaint is that its slower than most others, so you need a REALLY fast computer to use it for anything non-trivial. My computer has two 2400+ Athlons, and 2GB RAM and it still lags a quite a bit at times.

Still, its AWESOME... anyone into advanced 3D, with a good computer should give it a try.

Scott

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Just in case anyone wants to give it a shot, http://www.sidefx.com/products/houdini/mas...ster/index.html

Scott

EDIT: Typo

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    ws_ftp server. It sucked ass it cost like 400 somethin bucks, I dont quite remember. I do remember that I didnt pay for it though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast