Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get a gmail account back

chicus's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Hi !

My gmail account has been hacked, and i would like to know how to get it back, i tried to recover it but he changed my second mail. Is there a way to contact gmail staff ? If you recovered your account, hiow did you do ?
    Thanks for the help !

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    John1988's Avatar ★★★Need help?Ask★★★ BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    i had this problem but mine was bigger i lost 2 emails but with the gmail support team help i managed to get back 1 of 2 emails
    go here and fill this form https://services.google.com/inquiry/gmail_security1
    good luck getting it back

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by chicus View Post
    Hi !

My gmail account has been hacked, and i would like to know how to get it back, i tried to recover it but he changed my second mail. Is there a way to contact gmail staff ? If you recovered your account, hiow did you do ?
    Thanks for the help !
    are you sure your account IS hacked?

try clearing your cache and cookies...and try loggin in again

sometime that is the problem

google "gmail support" and you might find telephone # or support email...try that.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    chicus's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    Hi !

Thanks for the help !
    are you sure your account IS hacked?

try clearing your cache and cookies...and try loggin in again

sometime that is the problem

google "gmail support" and you might find telephone # or support email...try that.
    I can't log in any of the sites i used with this mail, so i think it's hacked

But thx anyway for the help !
    Last edited by chicus; 02-11-2008 at 07:52 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    I should point out that a security expert of my acquaintance was hired by Google to see how easy it was to hack a gmail account. His conclusion was that a gmail account was extremely resilient to hacking, and would require someone of great skill.

His conclusion was that the only way to gain a gmail account would be a dictionary attack on an account with a weak password, or a keylogger intercept, or getting someone to tell you their gmail password.

It does make me laugh when I hear that people say they've had their gmail account hacked, as if a cyber terrorist has broken into their account (yeah! right!)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    GoldStoNe's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +2
    Hi !

Thanks for the help !
    Did you use a weak password? Something that can be found in the dictionary? Have you traded accounts here in FST?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    recover the password and type in the answer to your secret question

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    @Thefox : I was thinking the same. Why the heck would someone bother to hack a gmail account unless you're an admin of a private tracker or something in those terms..

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post
    @Thefox : I was thinking the same. Why the heck would someone bother to hack a gmail account unless you're an admin of a private tracker or something in those terms..
    I think the same..

lost password maybe more suitable in this case..pity

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Dunno about hacked..But my 4-5 Gmail accounts got disabled ...Dunno what the reason is.. I have used All those accounts addresses at some imp trackers.. so i had to change all the emails..
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast