Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millions Working As One Army

We are Kazza. We are sixty million strong. We are only one of many p2p communities of which there are millions more. The way to screw the RIAA is simple. Everyone should boycott the purchases of their precious copywritten bullshit until they have been forced into bankrupt HELL!! If they want to be greedy, then let them sit on a mountain of unsold shit. From now on, the only way I'll buy recordings is through a second hand music dealer who isnt sharing the profits with the pimps of the music industry. Somehow the RIAA has mistaken us as thieves, when in truth, we have lined their pockets with gold for years everytime we walked into a music store. And I would still be doing this because I do appreciate an original copy with all the extras packaged within. But, no more! They're invading my privacy. They overcharge me at the register. They have insulted my loyalty as a fan of countless bands. They have slandered me as a theif - a law breaking criminal. Everyday I turn on the radio and I listen to these so called illegal copywritten songs provided freely by my local DJ. Everyday I listen these very same songs in mp3 format on my computer. There is no difference here. None. A true musician doesnt write songs for the all mighty dollar. He does it cause it makes him and others feel something about everyday life. This doesnt mean they shouldn't make a living from their skills. I believe they do damn good for something thats pleasurable to them. They make more in a year that most everyone in here wont achieve in their lifetimes. Suing fans who love the songs and share them with each other is shameless. There will without a doubt be more programs developed with better protection and privacy. You can bet someones working on it this very moment. Willpower and determination cannot be crushed. I am not a theif or a pirate. I have made no profit buy selling what I have downloaded. I am listening to songs on an advanced version of radio, where I'm the DJ who chooses his own songs. If they want to fight, then lets show them our numbers are too overwhelming to be stepped on. We are David - They are Goliath. The best way to deal with fear is to kick it square in the nuts. I'm wearing my steel-toed boots! BOYCOTT! BOYCOTT! BOYCOTT!!!!!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    What the hell?

I am not a theif or a pirate.
    Another one of those dudes who can't accept the fact that they're breaking the law. You are a pirate. Everytime one of us downloads an MP3, they are stealing something. Everybody on this board is a pirate. Don't deny it.

I have made no profit buy selling what I have downloaded.
    You sell your downloaded material? What kind of person does that?

The best way to deal with fear is to kick it square in the nuts.
    No. That's actually the wuss' way out of fear. Nobody deserves being canned.

Also remember that the artists can choose to stop making new music. When they stop, then the fans don't have any new material to listen to but their old tracks. But if they stop making new music then they won't gain much money but they don't give a fuck because they already have enough money.

And no, boycotting is NOT the best solution. You can do that if you want. I don't have the right to change your mind, but I don't think it's the best solution.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    chalkmongoose
    And also, before you go even further into madness, let me say that I refuse to join your friggen army of one.
    I am not going to boycott the CD industry just because the RIAA is itchy.
    Let me give you some facts.
    Out of EVERY CD made, the actual artists make a tiny amount of money. Unless you're quite famous, that tiny amount doesn't add to much.
    By boycotting the CD industry, you kill off garage bands and indies that can't survive without being slaves to gigantic record labels.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I havent sold shit if i havent made a profit now have I. I have no guilt, cause I havent been sucked into the game their playin. Keep using words like illegal and piracy enough, and people without backbones will certainly start running for hills, screaming the sky is falling. Go ahead. I'll stay where Im at.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Its true they make a tiny portion. If so, then who gets the rest. HMMMM!!!
    Garage bands really dont need these assholes anyway, and neither do the ones that are already big names. The should all go independent with their own labels and cut the cd prices in half. They could control their own material. If they did this they make much nore than they do now. Go ahead and buy that cd. The money you spend will into the pockets of the attorneys who will be suing some of the unlucky individuals who won the stick it in your ass RIAA lottery.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by knightowl747@31 July 2003 - 20:51
    I havent sold shit if i havent made a profit now have I.
    Then why did you say that you sold your downloaded material? Profit doesn't have to be a lot of money. You could have sold a pirated CD of Metallica and only earned a penny. That can still count as not making profit, since a CDR costs a dollar and if you sold the CD for a penny, then you earned nothing.

I have no guilt, cause I havent been sucked into the game their playin.
    Um, that's not just you. The majority of the members of this board think the RIAA can't do anything either. We're not scared.

Oh yeah, and boycotting the CD's is still a stupid idea.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by knightowl747@1 August 2003 - 03:01
    Its true they make a tiny portion. If so, then who gets the rest. HMMMM!!!
    Garage bands really dont need these assholes anyway, and neither do the ones that are already big names. The should all go independent with their own labels and cut the cd prices in half. They could control their own material. If they did this they make much nore than they do now. Go ahead and buy that cd. The money you spend will into the pockets of the attorneys who will be suing some of the unlucky individuals who won the stick it in your ass RIAA lottery.
    You missed my point by a wide-eyed mile.
    Obviously a shite load goes to the RIAA
    What I'm saying is that a lot of indies can't get their own labels started, so they have to live on the pennies they make per CD.
    Take that away from them, and boom, no indies.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose@1 August 2003 - 02:45
    And also, before you go even further into madness, let me say that I refuse to join your friggen army of one.
    I am not going to boycott the CD industry just because the RIAA is itchy.
    Let me give you some facts.
    Out of EVERY CD made, the actual artists make a tiny amount of money. Unless you're quite famous, that tiny amount doesn't add to much.
    By boycotting the CD industry, you kill off garage bands and indies that can't survive without being slaves to gigantic record labels.
    Uh...by definition garage bands and indie groups are not part of the RIAA. Meaning if you're boycotting the RIAA, the only thing you would be buying is garage bands and indie groups. And indie groups make a much larger % on every album they sell than RIAA artists do, and garage bands make near 100% profit on every CD they manage to sell.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Map750
    Originally posted by slammy_dunken@1 August 2003 - 02:41
    I have made no profit buy selling what I have downloaded.
    You sell your downloaded material? What kind of person does that?

Let's get this straight. By "I have made no profit by selling what I have downloaed" he means he hasn't made a profit because he's NOT selling what he downloaded. Or so I think. That doesn't mean I agree w/ him though.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Gotta Agree with knightowl 110% on that one.....And no offense to the guy that posted that artists can just quit making new songs and we would have to listen to our old tracks...Well since 95 thats all Ive been doing and still enjoy them today.
    Cause music hasnt been worth a shit the past few years anyway...I grew up in the 80's...And it will be Rock n Roll and Heavy Metal all the way!!!!! B) B)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast