Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The end is near for illegal filesharing (UK)

max59x's Avatar Super FST Member
    God bless the Queen !

But I don't think she'll help you out

Oh well, is this the end of UK-T?

Hopefully I don't live in the UK so It will last many more time for me, for you guys it's the end of the road
    Last edited by max59x; 02-12-2008 at 08:31 PM.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    i think not, its not going to happen. many people in the uk will get banned from the internet and isps will lose more and more money for wrongly accusing people of downloading copyrighted material and as i mentioned before, a lot of people who do download off of bittorrent and newsgroups etc use encryption which the isps cannot monitor as its encrypted between your computer and the host of the file so what they are saying is that they are going after easy prey 'revenue', why would they not try and stopt the people 'distributing' the files in the uk? if your just downloading you aren't posing a threat surely?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Badass01 View Post
    Well, it was good while it lasted.

New laws coming in will mean that ISPs will give 2 warnings to customers downloading illegal material, and the third warning sees their Internet connection cut off.

So, is this the end for downloading illegal movies, music, etc., in the UK. If the law goes ahead, then I think it certainly is.

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/...cle3353387.ece
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7240234.stm
    In the US downloading illegal material gets you a pretty hefty fine, if they catch you for over $200 worth, it's a felony, and you can get 2-9 yrs. in this state...

THIS CAN'T BE ENFORCED!

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    Check this out

http://torrentfreak.com/illegal-down...uk-ban-080212/

mayby just more media bullshit?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i don't see that happening

if just in case it does happen, there always is way around

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    We aren't that far along in big brother society for this to be acceptable yet, even if it was possible. Which it is obvious to almost everyone that this proposal certainly is not.

Laughable that it was being reported in the news as if it could happen, good old scare tactics for bigger audiences.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    zemitras's Avatar Poster
    Not going to happen... Imagine how many people and companys would be banned... Every one donwloads or has downloaded something at some point... ISPs would bankrupt..

I don't believe in such thing

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    dont worry just use usenet and you are fine , giganews+v3 newsbin= happy free of fucked up us laws

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    most of the bigger tracker staff are uk users... :-/

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    it is not that easy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast