Thread: About the duration of torrents files

Hi, I'm new here and I want to know if is true that the torrents files has short duration (I've never used them before) and for that reason Bittorrent has fewer files than eMule.

Cheers

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    emule and bittorent works quite differently. but to cut a long story short, yes in general files on emule last much longer than they would on bittorent. bittorent's a heck of a lot faster though

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    It really depends on the tracker. Most "scene" private trackers have a TTL (Time To Live), for example Filelist is 672 hours, and the torrent is then automatically deleted but there are some that will retain the torrent until the last seed dies. I know a few that have torrents almost 2 years old.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    F3n1x's Avatar 0x34a BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    2, 3 years generally in 0-day sites, you can use public tracker for older things.

Torrent ftw.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    on many sites theres a TTL.. so depends on the site. Emule is better for longer, but its slow

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    also, on private trackers are least you're guaranteed a certain level of quality in the files... generally speaking. with emule you can have hundreds of a slightly different version of the same 192kbps track..

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post
    also, on private trackers are least you're guaranteed a certain level of quality in the files... generally speaking. with emule you can have hundreds of a slightly different version of the same 192kbps track..
    True, and you never know if someone has infected an app with a virus....
    o hai

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I just went through some of my private sites, and on most the older files are from 2005-2006, so they do hang around a while on the sites without a TTL (time to live) limit.