Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shockwave Files

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    @mail2me
    Wow Media Player Classic is great, thanks!

@Feeling Disturbed
    No its okay, I don't need one. But thanks for the offer!

@Everyone Else
    I'm all set, thanks for replying!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BANNED
    k so my recommendation is you get Swish (the so-called "newbie flash maker") and you preview it there....

DWk

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by balamm@1 August 2003 - 04:26
    IrfanView with all the plugins installed will open almost everything.

And there's nothing wierd about it. IE won't open a local .swf unless you have a program installed to do that.
    yes IrfanView does open .swf files

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by Vargas+3 August 2003 - 01:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vargas &#064; 3 August 2003 - 01:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-balamm@1 August 2003 - 04:26

And there&#39;s nothing wierd about it. IE won&#39;t open a local .swf unless you have a program installed to do that.
    [/b][/quote]
    My ie does

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by timfromspaced+2 August 2003 - 21:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (timfromspaced @ 2 August 2003 - 21:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Vargas@3 August 2003 - 01:12
    <!--QuoteBegin-balamm
    @1 August 2003 - 04:26

And there&#39;s nothing wierd about it. IE won&#39;t open a local .swf unless you have a program installed to do that.

My ie does [/b][/quote]
    Yea.. but you cant maximize it and stuff..
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@1 August 2003 - 11:11
    I&#39;m looking for a program that opens and plays .swf files on my computer, not off the internet (in a web browser). I went through marcomedia.com, but all I found were installers asking for my IE plug-ins folder, I want one that will open .swf files that I have on my HD.

Thanks in advance.
    Stand alone Macromedia Flash Player 6

http://www.ahlrates.com/players/SAFlashPlayer.exe

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by BigTcronic@3 August 2003 - 05:12
    Stand alone Macromedia Flash Player 6

http://www.ahlrates.com/players/SAFlashPlayer.exe
    Oh, there we are&#33; Thats what I was looking for&#33; Media Player Classic and the rest are good, but this is the original and best for .swf files. Thanks BigTcronic&#33;

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by mail2me+2 August 2003 - 21:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mail2me &#064; 2 August 2003 - 21:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by silverccrow@1 August 2003 - 04:23
    What u r asking is very weird ? I use explorer like everybody
    whatever Good luck &#33;
    What is so weird about it? You have to be online all the time in order to use Internet Explorer. What KrackHead2k wants is a program that will play the .swf files offline after downloading them.

There are several programs that can do this. My favorite is Media Player Classic. Media Player Classic is bundled together with both QuickTime Alternative and Real Alternative available for download from the K-Lite site.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-silverccrow
    @1 August 2003 - 04:23
    What u r asking is very weird ? I use explorer like everybody
    whatever Good luck &#33;
    [/quote]
    What is so weird about it? You have to be online all the time in order to use Internet Explorer. What KrackHead2k wants is a program that will play the .swf files offline after downloading them.

There are several programs that can do this. My favorite is Media Player Classic. Media Player Classic is bundled together with both QuickTime Alternative and Real Alternative available for download from the K-Lite site.

Wow Do U have brain ?
    just draw the swf to any explorer window without being connected and the swf will play &#33;

anyway Iam always connected HA HA HA HA

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by silverccrow@3 August 2003 - 23:05
    just draw the swf to any explorer window without being connected and the swf will play &#33;
    Earlier versions of IE couldn&#39;t play "swf" files. You also still need the flash plug-in to be installed onto the browser. You don&#39;t need any of that with a standalone player. Also there are no controls such as a slide to fast forward the clip with IE unlike with a standalone player.

You can view graphic files such as "jpg" and "bmp with IE too but that is not preferred to a separate graphic viewer such as ACDSee which gives more controls. Same case here. Does anybody think that using a program such as ACDSee to view jpg graphic files and photos weird just because you can do it with IE too?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12