Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Read This!

Arm's Avatar Poster
    Can you uncap a dsl connection? I would love to have blazing fast speeds.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@1 August 2003 - 06:30
    My friend uncapped his modem and it over heats alot so he got a little mini-fan to keep it from over heating.
    yea, i know some dude who did that, but i think he got caught, and probably sued for making his speed 50mgs/sec, rather than regular cable, which was what the isps ass rapers gave him.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@31 July 2003 - 23:56
    comcast regular cable. my speed is like 1.5 megabytes/sec, but it my dl speed is never at that speed
    I'm on comcast regular cable too. But they quoted me a speed of 1.5 mbps (megabits/sec, not megabytes/sec.)

Considering TCP/IP overheads, min+max packet size, and other issues which can cause that 1.5 mbps to be used up quicker than you might think, getting a 160 KB/sec download out of a 1.5 mbps connection isn't as bad as it sounds...

Btw, my cablemodem only has a 10 mbps ethernet LAN connection on it -- so even if I DID uncap my cablemodem, my connection TO it would still be limited to 10 mbps.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Im with blueyonder in the UK with a poxy 1meg connection. Its a package deal for cable TV and net connection (motorola 4100) and they charge us £48.50 per month once VAT (tax) is added (robbing bastards). The service constantly has problems and all traffic per user is logged through their proxy. They rent the IPs on a 24 hour basis and assign them per user.

I would get caught if i did this and I suspect you would too. I have no idea what the consequences of that would be, or if it would even work under these circumstances.

:beerchug:

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Pay $45 a month.

I have Optimum Online - The copy that spoils its customers

I get over 450Kb/s on kazaa.

Around 800 from FTP

And 650 on IRC.

Speed test = 890Kb/s

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    I PAY 3O QUID FOR 576 DOWN 276 UP

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    HAHAHAHA that sux for u guys i can just hang out at my dads work and get FULL OC3 speeds i think max up is 155mbps not sure but that shit isssssss fast too bad my dads boss wont let me put k lite on the junker computer i get to play around on. oh and you cant uncapp a dsl connection YET. but u can get a Nexland Pro800turbo and connect to cable or dsl modems and use it to combine sboth modems speeds. so if u have dirt cheap dsl get another account and get one of those

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234