Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Was Good.........

crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Riddler@1 August 2003 - 12:19
    Fish also tremble at the mere thought of me sliding my fly rod into it's case in preparation for a trip to visit them
    right thats it. ive had just about enough of your sexual innuendos. firstly its faeces-related. now.....well, genetalia-related.
    ban this shite-infested member forwith please.

oh and i hope you had a great time old chum

any pikes? trouts!? crabs!?

2. Lounge   -   #22
    lynx's Avatar .
    Right, I've got the fire going.

Hey, where's the fish gone ?

Damn, looks like it's back to pasta and bolognese sauce again.

Edir: that's the only other thing I can cook.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by lynx@1 August 2003 - 13:37
    Right, I've got the fire going.

Hey, where's the fish gone ?

Damn, looks like it's back to pasta and bolognese sauce again.

Edir: that's the only other thing I can cook.
    What about pasta and ketchup?

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@1 August 2003 - 08:10

Should'nt that be love and be loved??

Hey Neverose, hope you ok this morning

Jonno B)
    Hi Jonno.......yes, to most the word 'love' would be used. However, to a real fisherman, like 'he who I let assume he is my better half' there is no love greater than the loving to fish love!!!

I am fine this morning, thank you......great day here.......how about you, Jonno?

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Poster
    [quote]Originally posted by Riddler@1 August 2003 - 08:19
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverose,1 August 2003 - 05:05
    Well, Riddler, tis better to have fished and gotten skunked than to never have gone fishing at all, right???

Absolutely. Fish also tremble at the mere thought of me sliding my fly rod into it's case in preparation for a trip to visit them. I think it's just the after-effects of extremely vigorous laughter though.
    lol!!! I know, I know......well, I tried to impress you with my power over fish.....but I cannot lie.......(which tells you I am no experienced fisherman!&#33

My first experience with fishing...around 8 years ago.

My husband baited my hook, taught me how to cast, etc. Then he left in the boat and I remained at the shore, reading, but watching that bobber off and on. Imagine my horror when the bobber took off!!! I knew not what to do!!!!

I did reel the line in and my goodness, it had a fish on it. I examined the situation......due to low gag threshold, I knew there was no way I could handle pulling that mean old hook out of the poor fishes mouth!!! So..

I ran to the campsite, got an empty ice chest.....filled it with lake water.....plopped the fish in there.....(still attached to the hook and the line...and also the pole)...

and I settled back down and was then able to concentrate on my reading!!!! B)

Needless to say, when my husband returned an hour or so later.......well, he is still laughing at that sight.

So, it is a long slow death on a hook trapped in a small space that the fish fear when they hear my name.

Glad you are back safe!

Neverose

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    jonno, can i borrow a big fish for zero?
    its about his dinner time.
    ahem.

<span style='color:red'>ZEROOOOOOOOHHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

gotcha a big fish, looksee. </span>
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by Neverose@1 August 2003 - 15:22
    I ran to the campsite, got an empty ice chest.....filled it with lake water.....plopped the fish in there.....(still attached to the hook and the line...and also the pole)...

So, it is a long slow death on a hook trapped in a small space that the fish fear when they hear my name.
    That is one of the most foul and barbaric things I&#39;ve ever heard... :x

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey+1 August 2003 - 10:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 1 August 2003 - 10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Neverose@1 August 2003 - 15:22

So, it is a long slow death on a hook trapped in a small space that the fish fear when they hear my name.&nbsp;
    That is one of the most foul and barbaric things I&#39;ve ever heard... :x [/b][/quote]
    Oh Lamsey......I am sorry.......please forgive my talking like a real fisherman. If the truth be known.......I did this so the fish would not take my pole, but so that when my husband returned he could take the hook out of the fishes mouth without killing him. The fish did not die. (while in the ice chest anyway.)

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Ex-member
    It&#39;s still minging.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    my aunty bergit, (seriously) in norway, before she died lived on a little island, at the top of a hill, and looking directly down you could see the sea. there was one of those wooden walkways, that you could fish on. and believe me, thats all they ate, except for goats cheese and bread.

well, i stayed there for two weeks or so, and had to pull my weight. my dad and uncles job was to catch the fish then knock &#39;em on the head with a metal bar, then i would carry them up to her house in a bucket for her to chop up for dinner.

it really freaked me out. the feel of fish freak me out.
    me and a friend had to knock a red tail shark on the head with a spoon last year......that was disgusting. :x
    i cant eat fish anymore, thats probably why im so silly.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast