Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How To Remove Spyware/adware

Important: If you use Adaware 6, you will need to go to http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10...ml?tag=lst-0-2 and get an updated reference file (1 January 2004), to protect yourself against newer spyware.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    my norton just found spywear what is this? adware purityscan? says download plugin?

company: click spring LLC (purityscan)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@7 January 2004 - 17:38
    Important: If you use Adaware 6, you will need to go to http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10...ml?tag=lst-0-2 and get an updated reference file (1 January 2004), to protect yourself against newer spyware.
    by now there is a newer one and u can download it off adwares scanning thing u dont need to go to download.com to download it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    As i come across sites with drive-by, spyware, etc. I rip apart their code to find the source and add that to my firewalls blocked site list. B) Sure helps alot banning these sources.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    I have ssd, but recently anytime I try to update it, it freezes on me...why?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    add CWSHREDDER

Find out, it finds many malware spyware.
    P4 2.4C / 1024M / R9600XT 128M / 80GB / 400W
    Peer-to-peer Programs...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    nice topic. I hate all that spyware.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Poster
    Originally posted by GrubMe@31 January 2004 - 18:39
    add CWSHREDDER

Find out, it finds many malware spyware.
    good advice. but it should only be used when there are clear signs of a cwsearch infection. 99% of the time it is safe, but sometimes a few bugs can occur. so you shouldn't run it unless it is needed.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Thanks for the add-vice lol. I've gotten rid of pretty much everything, except for one that wont go away. I dl videolan and it had something in it. all of a sudden I'm watching Dawn of the Dead and next thing I know my browser pops up. and now everytime I open the browser I have something called Omegasearch that comes on. it has a grey search bar at the bottom with a bunch of options and an other blue one at the top that changes options as I change pages that I cant get rid of and I cant find in my system to remove it the hard way. it seems to be a "ware" that is indestructable. any1 know how to remove those?

D

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@7 January 2004 - 17:38
    you dont have to goto that site to download the reference file, it can be downloaded through adaware.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123