Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a philosophical question

FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Seems to me you emphasized the wrong word its File Sharing TALK not File Sharing Invite
    Proud Member of:

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Not to him, it's not... All level 11's are like that, don't you know.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by zaa730 View Post
    I'm talking an absolute load of wank.
    Agreed.
    Now go away.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    Seems to me you emphasized the wrong word its File Sharing TALK not File Sharing Invite
    exactly what i was thinking

looks like zaa is going back to making stupid threads that dont really mean shit, this is the reason why everyone hated you before you left the first time. so annoying.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Zaa you keep on trying to justify trading, yet without trading so many things would lessen or disappear. I'm talking here about the scamming and invite selling which goes on all the time and which is bringing more and more attention to bt all the time.
    Not all traders scam, I do thoroughly realise that, but here we get into a really grey area of good traders vs. bad traders.... with the only proof being the person saying I will never cheat etc blah blah blah...... but the scamming and invite selling goes on all the time.
    You cannot separate these and go thats not part of trading, it is part and parcel of it, there are many members here who only conduct there 'business' in pm and are collecting multiple a/c's to 'high value' trackers to sell in one way or another.
    This is the real problem with trading, the fact that it removes the access to the website from the people that built the tracker and leaves them with a long hard job trying to find out who exactly is selling the invites or hit & running on that a/c which sometimes has gone through 5 or 6 people.
    I fully understand that there are reasons why some people trade, if they took more time to get to know people then they would get the invites for free but some simply do not have the patience, although oddly it often takes traders alot longer to get those 'higher level' invites than others.
    What trading brings with it though is what causes so many problems, and you now have the situation where many bt communities are simply closing their doors many with hardly any intention of opening them up in the near future for one simple reason, to stop the scamming and a/c trading that is going on.
    Make of it what you will but the effects of trading are being felt more and more, and less and less people are going to be trusted or allowed into some communities because of this.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by zaa730 View Post
    They want that damn btrep or rep of the users so when they think its their "time" they can request some level 9 tracker that they "heard" good things about.
    well that might be true but think of that this way
    when a noob making request it almost impossible for him to get it, and thats why they try to build reputation
    in one hand it seems that people main reson to giveaway its because the rep points
    but in other hand.... those people dont realy have much choice, what else they should do to get invites to the trackers they want??

so even if people giveaway only to build their reputation they still giveaway and a lot of people join those invites

Quote Originally Posted by krunktastic View Post
    When a tracker states that they want someone to share, they don't mean give them away to random strangers over the internet; this might was well be trading. They want you to share them with your friends; when your friend gets one invite, he'll give it to someone who he thinks will make use of the account.
    and what should people do if they don't have friends in this "trackers wrold"?
    people always try to find somethings they want in the net cause not everything you can find at your friends, thats good way to meet different people from different countries and its very nice thing.
    thats called community, and I dont see any problem why not giveaway in communities.
    as long the people you invite isnt cheater/scammer its look ok to me. and I dont think that the trackers would survive without communities like FST
    most of the advertising come from communities like FST.
    and please be objective on this one
    how mamy members were be in any tracker without FST publicity ???
    how many members would donate to those trackers without FST publicity???

so maybe there is some disadvantages but there is alot of advantage too

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I am not anti-anything... well... I could say I am anti-antis.
    I believe in free will, everybody has the right to do whatever wants... and deal with the consequences of that.
    Now, with some time of experience in this community, and because of that, I must say that today I´m a much better user in each and every tracker I´m at. I learned here valuable things.
    For me, every rule that a site makes, has a reason. No one tracker would raise and keep a good site without rules, and no one staffer would ever make a rule just for fuc**** off users.
    And for me, happy giveways, those where the requirements are "the first in asking wins", a nice photo, a joke or whatever, are an act of supreme irresponsibility.
    An invite is a serious thing, you are giving clearance to other person for getting into a site and obtain goods. As I see, invites are a demonstration of confidence that the site gives you, you can´t ignore that, you must use that privilege wisely, and putting in first place the welfare of that site that trusted in you.

If you want talk in a philosophical way, how deep do you want to go?. Because the only fact of giving an invite with the most strictly requirements could be a trade... and your profit would be acceptance, popularity, good reputation... the desire to impress somebody from who you want something... and so on until infinite.

Every person is unique and must follow his own code of behavior. If you like trade accounts or you give a crap to the invites, beyond the value that they imply for obtaining something in change, then you shouldn´t join the site, because just in the moment you press the "Accept" button, you are breaking the rules... and you are not being consistent with yourself

And even more philosophical: each and everyone of us have broken sites rules at some point, the thing is how many times, how seriously and what for.
    Last edited by Nemrod; 02-16-2008 at 02:55 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Not read the whole topic yet, but one thing:
    Don't have intellect? Let me help you out.

From Wikipedia,
    You define intellect as wikipedia? You do know how often they are wrong don't you?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    Not read the whole topic yet, but one thing:
    Don't have intellect? Let me help you out.

From Wikipedia,
    You define intellect as wikipedia? You do know how often they are wrong don't you?
    I'm so sick of that statement. It can be vandalized, but essentially its just an index of links put together concisely. They nearly always reference their sources.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12