Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OVH Seedbox

I've heard some insane things as I've been reading up on them because I was wanting to get a box from there. If your outside of those countries that they cap your bandwidth 1 person said it was capped to 5mbit and when he asked them they said it's not capped and that they can't guarantee his service since he's in a location they no longer service.

I don't get this concept why does where you live effect your speed when the server is in a completely different place.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    can anyone point me to some ovh resellers? (looking for cheap and easy to use because i am a beginner)
    any help will be appriciated

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    bump

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Me want buy! Me gives lotsa money!
    Last edited by Sanka113; 02-19-2008 at 08:51 AM.
    See ya in another life, brother.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I only know of 1 ovh reseller but they're not taking any orders. Anyone else have any websites for resellers to check out.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    OVH - Kimsufi - JHMServices Use Kimsufi's as well as others.And have all been good services whoever said OVH are slow cos ur livin in the UK is talkin japslap.
    I have tried kimsufi's L package it does 11MB\s download 8MB\s upload,I then moved onto the 2XL package it does 11MB\s up/down allday and night long.
    I have tried vectoral the speed was 11MB\s but the tech and ticket service is the poorest ive witnessed yet!
    Ive rented seedboxes to ALL none have gone above 5MB\s up/down except JHM they gave approx 11MB\s down and about 9MB\s upload.
    At the end of the day you get what you pay for and Ive settled with kimsufi 2XL because of price to quality ratio I get what I want from it 100mbit as advertised and you can format on the fly with over 11different distro's any time day or night.
    And no I dont work for any of the above companies and could only wish too do so!!
    Ive said it how I receive it...
    Last edited by seedboxhost; 04-10-2009 at 02:25 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    moved the to right section...

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrent Demon View Post
    don't order from ovh ... it's fucking slow .
    downloading speed easy reach 26-28MB/s, go up to 55MB/s and uploading about 17MB/s

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by seedboxhost View Post
    OVH - Kimsufi - JHMServices Use Kimsufi's as well as others.And have all been good services whoever said OVH are slow cos ur livin in the UK is talkin japslap.
    I have tried kimsufi's L package it does 11MB\s download 8MB\s upload,I then moved onto the 2XL package it does 11MB\s up/down allday and night long.
    I have tried vectoral the speed was 11MB\s but the tech and ticket service is the poorest ive witnessed yet!
    Ive rented seedboxes to ALL none have gone above 5MB\s up/down except JHM they gave approx 11MB\s down and about 9MB\s upload.
    At the end of the day you get what you pay for and Ive settled with kimsufi 2XL because of price to quality ratio I get what I want from it 100mbit as advertised and you can format on the fly with over 11different distro's any time day or night.
    And no I dont work for any of the above companies and could only wish too do so!!
    Ive said it how I receive it...
    JHM does not use kimsufi servers.

They are reselling netdirekt.de servers.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by seedboxhost View Post
    qft. Kimsufi L does it's job just fine with rtorrent and no gui. Vectoral's staff are arses. They don't get half of what you say, shut down your server 3 days early (because of some lame rule saying that once you've told them you are going to quit using their services they can shut down your server any time, no matter what you paid for and agreed on in tickets), are arrogant fucks, and above all: it takes 4 days for an answer to an URGENT ticket.

OVH is ok, especially if you use private trackers where multiple people use OVH boxes: their internal network is great. If you're buying yours through a reseller: Don't complain. First of all you have no idea if or what kind of pro SLA package your reseller has, secondly there is a reason why OVH doesn't sell in your country; there are no reliable connections and there is no support.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast