Thread: Corrup windows installer under Vista

Boy, its been a long time. How is everyone here ok so it seems that every program that capitalizes on the windows installer is not working on my vista. I can do a clean install but want to avoid it. I have done google already and found nothing much to my surprise. Some of them didnt work. I have tried windows installer cleanup utility, it installs fine but i cant seem to find it anywhere on the computer. NO my computer is not infected with a virus or spyware so i guess my question is. How do i repair or reinstall windows installer under vista which has been corrupted somehow.

Please dont suggest that i downgrade to xp since i have been unable to find drivers for xp.

Thank you for the help.

Edit: Dang, can a mod edit the title to corrupt*.thanks
    Last edited by ultimatejester; 02-12-2008 at 07:32 AM. Reason: spelling

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    This is a common issue when installing vista over another operating system. As far as I know, the only way to resolve this issue is with a fresh install. Even still, I have heard that even with fresh installs there are still some issues - just something to keep in mind.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    bam drivers found for xp. thanks to mbucari1 and everyone who replied. though the drivers are not perfect after testing, there are some glitches but that is a small price to pay for downgrading to xp. Sorry Microsoft.