Thread: Win Xp Question

imported_The__One
    Hey ppl, I have Win XP (Portuguese) installed and I wanted to swich to Win XP (english)...now to do this I was just gonna install the english version "on top" of the portuguese one. But then I though that if I did that, it might cause some language conflicts...

So do I have to format first or can I just install the english on on top of the portuguese one?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    sorry mate im not sure i had to do 4 full reinstalls to get xp pro corp formatting the hard drive each time
    good luck

Bernardattic

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by The__One@1 August 2003 - 14:52
    Hey ppl, I have Win XP (Portuguese) installed and I wanted to swich to Win XP (english)...now to do this I was just gonna install the english version "on top" of the portuguese one. But then I though that if I did that, it might cause some language conflicts...

So do I have to format first or can I just install the english on on top of the portuguese one?
    loaded my on top of spanish version,no probls at all. Wi`ll have to insert new key to dowl SP1

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    imported_The__One
    loaded my on top of spanish version,no probls at all. Wi`ll have to insert new key to dowl SP1
    Great! And I'm already installing XP with SP1, so I won't need a new key

Thanx

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by KUALKIERA+1 August 2003 - 17:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KUALKIERA @ 1 August 2003 - 17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The__One@1 August 2003 - 14:52

loaded my on top of spanish version,no probls at all. Wi`ll have to insert new key to dowl SP1 [/b][/quote]
    u cant install on top of, if it works, windows will uninstall the portugese version, adn then install the english 1......
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I thought that XP, by default, contained or had the possibility to be used in more than one language.

>control panel>date, time, languages, and regional options>add other languages

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    imported_The__One
    I thought that XP, by default, contained or had the possibility to be used in more than one language.

>control panel>date, time, languages, and regional options>add other languages
    That doesn&#39;t change the language of the OS, it only changes some other minor crap that you don&#39;t even notice...I don&#39;t think multi-language OS&#39;s even exist (like some softwares, where you choose the language before installing)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    There are language packs for Windows that allow you to use multiple languages on one computer. It lets you easily switch between whatever languages you have and is mainly used for business that need multiple language support.