Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cable tie question...

AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    meh, i'm too lazy to read teh post

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    15 feet of Velcro wrap for $10 aint too shabby and they accept PayPal. I will definitely have to order from Monoprice. Thansk, DKre8ive1.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    I'd also recommend the velcro for cable organization. Twist ties tend to wear out over time and aren't as neat looking at the velcro wraps.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Or just walk into your grocery store, go to the produce section, and find the green twist ties for free.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    mwt18's Avatar Member BT Rep: +3
    this thread is funny..

If twist-ties, velcro, or zip-ties don't work, you could possibly use something called "tape." They make it in black as well. Some "tapes" won't leave marks on your cables. But you might need to consult a professional for advice

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    How about the old time favourite cable lace....It can be a real art and looks real nice if done properly...I'm thinking of lacing a power supply instead of sleeving...
    http://www.dairiki.org/hammond/cable-lacing-howto/

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by mwt18 View Post
    this thread is funny..

If twist-ties, velcro, or zip-ties don't work, you could possibly use something called "tape." They make it in black as well. Some "tapes" won't leave marks on your cables. But you might need to consult a professional for advice
    Yeah aren't I fucking stupid for forgetting about using tape, damn I guess that is pretty funny...

I am very serious about selling on eBay which might sound dumb to you but I like to be professional about what I sell and how I sell my items. Tape is a cheap way to say "I'm using the cheapest method to pack your item up." Not very professional and it doesn't look very good either. Velcro is reasonably inexpensive, looks good, and I can even use it for organizing my computer wires, which is actually what I am going to do once I receive them in the mail.

How about the old time favourite cable lace....It can be a real art and looks real nice if done properly...I'm thinking of lacing a power supply instead of sleeving...
    Sounds like a good idea to me.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by silent h3ro View Post
    Yeah aren't I fucking stupid for forgetting about using tape, damn I guess that is pretty funny...

I am very serious about selling on eBay which might sound dumb to you but I like to be professional about what I sell and how I sell my items. Tape is a cheap way to say "I'm using the cheapest method to pack your item up." Not very professional and it doesn't look very good either. Velcro is reasonably inexpensive, looks good, and I can even use it for organizing my computer wires, which is actually what I am going to do once I receive them in the mail.

Just a few more thoughts here is another link http://www.tecratools.com/pages/teca...le_lacing.html
    I have never seen anyone use tools to cable lace ,but you should find an appropriate lace.I've previously worked in aviation manufacturing so I've seen plenty of guys cable lace. Looks great when its done and you can become very proficient doing it.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by accat13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silent h3ro View Post

Just a few more thoughts here is another link http://www.tecratools.com/pages/teca...le_lacing.html
    I have never seen anyone use tools to cable lace ,but you should find an appropriate lace.I've previously worked in aviation manufacturing so I've seen plenty of guys cable lace. Looks great when its done and you can become very proficient doing it.
    It does look like a very neat way to tie. Definetly an interesting alternative.

Sorry if I came off as psychotic in my post above (mwt18) to whomever I might have offended, I am trying to get my point across.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 02-23-2008 at 09:24 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12