Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: The Community Rep rank is no more...

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    The Community Rep status is available no longer.

The Community Rep rank has been through a lot of peaks and valleys during its existence and it’s now time to do away with it.

As a staff, we have been through numerous discussions regarding the pros and cons of the rank. Everything from keeping the peace with trackers and finding some common ground that we could all be happy with, to dealing with a few bad seeds over the years which had no intentions of upholding their end of the agreements.

We had originally hoped that every CR would abide by the agreements which were offered to each and keeping up with assurances would not be an issue, though regretfully it has become one. With the surge of growth in new trackers in the past year, we have amassed al ot of CR’s, and the instances in which we must intervene and remind CR’s of said guidelines is mounting. We felt if there was a time to remove the CR rank, this was as good a time as any.

We understand that some of you have lived up to your end 100%. To those, we say THANK YOU. We are still committed to supporting trackers needs as we’ve always done. In the future we will most likely create a new rank which will be given much more selectively to a few staffers who are considered an asset to the site and have proven their good will over time.
    Last edited by Skizo; 02-17-2008 at 04:11 AM.

yo

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    mshassy's Avatar Half Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Gr8 job mate
    ok.we will see wht comes next........
    Last edited by mshassy; 02-17-2008 at 04:03 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    good move skizo. i agree that since I've joined I noticed some community reps being helpful, but for the most part they were arrogant and unhelpful.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 03-16-2009 at 05:44 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    well most of them was inactive here..so yea i can understand this move

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    One of the newest comm reps did not deserve HIS title at all. I guess FST has their reasons for doing away with comm reps, in place for a better noteworthy system in the near future.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    I hope the new system works out for the staff and having my CR title removed wont change me one bit, since I will always try to contribute here because I like this forum and not because of the title I hold.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    rocky1234's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Great thing to do. But the reps that were good should be given some identity like a title or so just my personal opinion.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky1234 View Post
    Great thing to do. But the reps that were good should be given some identity like a title or so just my personal opinion.
    Titles aren't important. Its the contributions and helpfulness they provided here that is. They can still do this, and if/when fst decides on a new 'rank' the ones still doing this will be found.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    iTS ruins everything
    Go Leafs Go.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    The Community Rep status is available no longer.

The Community Rep rank has been through a lot of peaks and valleys during its existence and it’s now time to do away with it.

As a staff, we have been through numerous discussions regarding the pros and cons of the rank. Everything from keeping the peace with trackers and finding some common ground that we could all be happy with, to dealing with a few bad seeds over the years which had no intentions of upholding their end of the agreements.

We had originally hoped that every CR would abide by the agreements which were offered to each and keeping up with assurances would not be an issue, though regretfully it has become one. With the surge of growth in new trackers in the past year, we have amassed al ot of CR’s, and the instances in which we must intervene and remind CR’s of said guidelines is mounting. We felt if there was a time to remove the CR rank, this was as good a time as any.

We understand that some of you have lived up to your end 100%. To those, we say THANK YOU. We are still committed to supporting trackers needs as we’ve always done. In the future we will most likely create a new rank which will be given much more selectively to a few staffers who are considered an asset to the site and have proven their good will over time.
    i guess that includes that all tracker accounts are allowed to trade now, right?

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast