Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speakers

my computer speakers work fine when i connect headphones to them but when i take them out you can't hear anything . how can i fix this????????????

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    it ight seem stupid, but i have a system liek this

computer > amp > sub,tweeters, etc

Make sure that the speakers are connected to the amp, Make sure you have +ve to +ve and -ve to -ve

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    need a better explanation

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    firstly is the headfone port on your speakers? anyway try this... if you got a speaker icon in bottom right of taskbar right click on it and click volume control this will bring up a screen to adjust all your outputs, probably your aux or wave volume is muted, untick if so, if you not got speaker icon go to control panel, click on sound speech and audio devices, click "adjust system volume" then click "advanced", the same box will appear as refered to above, also when you click on adjust system volume tick the box that says "place on taskbar". when you use your headfones it probably automatically mutes your aux or wave volume. hope this helps

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    no luck it does not help

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Hi. I have a very similar problem, I've tried everything on the volume control menus and nothing seems to work. I do get sounds from the speakers but the balance is all over the place and I have to alter it on every single song. The sound from headphones is pretty good but none of it is ideal.

If you get it sorted please let me know. I've got Windows XP home edition.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    firstly try updating the driver for your sound card or onboard sound, go to your motherboard manufacturer's web site if its onboard sound for the driver, or card makers site, or if it ac97 sound go to via.com, cmedia goto cmedia.com etc etc, have you tried a different set of speakers? are they connected to correct ports? could be that yours are just shagged, borrow a set if need be, dont assume its ya pc, have you got audio leads going from each cdrom to the motherboard sound jacks or card jacks? if not get some, they not expensive. next go to control panel, click "sound speech and audio devices", then "sound and audio devices" then "audio" and see wot devices are being used, if its not your card etc select it and then tick use "default devices only", last but not least if you have got onboard sound and you have fitted a pci soundcard you must disable the onboard sound in your bios or it will conflict with your new device. oh and if you got plus! for xp it has a speaker enhancement feature, tools in menu bar in media player, enable it if you have and configure ya speakers, if yours not listed try a few on the list, it can make a huge difference in quality. hope this helps

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Thanks Boyzeee. This is a really great help. Much appreciated.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    we aim to please B)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by johnq86@1 August 2003 - 17:21
    my computer speakers work fine when i connect headphones to them but when i take them out you can't hear anything . how can i fix this????????????
    Take the headphones off your head at the same time.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast