Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: !warning !

Laura Croft has BIGGG BOOOBIES!!!!
    fuk an A!!!
    Billy Joe Bob is hating life i tell ya hahahaha!!!
    fuk the RIAA!!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    ^^she has bigger lips

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    broknsymetry
    You might wish to add file size 754 245 to your list...

Do a search on Laura Croft and this file will come up with about 100 sources or so, each claiming a bandwidth in excess of 1000. You think that this great, so you start d/l, but it only d/l's at about .02 Kb/s. Checking with K-Dat, all the sources are present and even list very high speeds (one even reported at over 1000Kb/s&#33. There also something else that is strange...the IP's of the sources are almost all the same, only three or four different, but many different ports! Traceroute shows all come from same location in NY with a registrant of Cable & Wireless. Sounds kinda fishy to me...perhaps as you say, a MPAA IP trap. However, after d/l'ing a little over 2meg the file still would not open in avi preview, so can not be a copyrighted file. In any case, if the RIAA or MPAA decide to place one of their copyrighted files on the network then it would not be illegal to d/l it since they hold the distribution rights and if they decide to distribute it for free that's ok by me.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Originally posted by broknsymetry@2 August 2003 - 06:00
    You might wish to add file size 754 245 to your list...

Do a search on Laura Croft and this file will come up with about 100 sources or so, each claiming a bandwidth in excess of 1000. You think that this great, so you start d/l, but it only d/l's at about .02 Kb/s. Checking with K-Dat, all the sources are present and even list very high speeds (one even reported at over 1000Kb/s&#33. There also something else that is strange...the IP's of the sources are almost all the same, only three or four different, but many different ports! Traceroute shows all come from same location in NY with a registrant of Cable & Wireless. Sounds kinda fishy to me...perhaps as you say, a MPAA IP trap. However, after d/l'ing a little over 2meg the file still would not open in avi preview, so can not be a copyrighted file. In any case, if the RIAA or MPAA decide to place one of their copyrighted files on the network then it would not be illegal to d/l it since they hold the distribution rights and if they decide to distribute it for free that's ok by me.
    i suspect there are loads of files out there that a placed there just to catch people as for the question of entrapment it is a very grey airier and would depend a lot on which country you are in as to how it affects you. my guess is that it is the correct file but encrypted as i say it is only a guess, if the MPAA OR RIAA place a file in there shared folder they are not giving you permission to download it as if you download a file from me evan know i am sharing it i have not given you direct permission. there is still a question regarding who much you download of a file before it becomes an offence, i would say as long as the amount can be measured. i. e one bit or bit.

it might be a good idear if a new message board was set up like the verified download but with all the bad or suspected files and file sizes listed this would make things a lot harder for MPAA or RIAA

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    harrycary the riaa and mpaa and their associates don't downbload oiff you. what do you think the privacy patch is for? they search for the files and take screenshots of the shared folders of users with the files. Let's be real. most of the uncopyrighted white labels, etc aint what any of us are downloading though if it's an artist we like and could find it we would.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    actually the riaa testified in 2002 in the verizon case that an riaa employee simply did a search for a specific file, dl, obtained the ip etc etc

summary guide of the anti file sharing groups: http://mercuria.no-ip.org/pg/index.php?showtopic=114

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    @simon_no2003- did you happen to get the ip numbers of the arseholes doing that? also i'm guessing it's a group like media defender that spreads bogus files...

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Originally posted by dingdongding@2 August 2003 - 19:50
    @simon_no2003- did you happen to get the ip numbers of the arseholes doing that? also i'm guessing it's a group like media defender that spreads bogus files...
    not sure how to get there i.p numers, but if you run a search for tomb raider it will list all the files i have added plus i bet there are a few more as well my now.

in the words of the late hill street blues sargent " Hey lets be careful out there "

B)

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    here are the ip numbers of some of those goofballs (you can use something like netstat viewer to shows connections) also there were ones from the pg database that stopped the dl of the fake files-
    Connection forcefully closed on: 64.15.226.170 - Overpeer (64.15.226.160/27)
    Connection forcefully closed on: 64.15.226.164 - Overpeer (64.15.226.160/27)

here are the ones not in the pg database:

(the range from a whois is much larger 216.32.0.0 - 216.35.255.255 than the range using a subnet calculator (solar winds advanced) 216.35.71.1 to 216.35.71.254

(whois range- 66.186.32.0 - 66.186.47.255 and subnet calc range is way bigger 66.0.0.1 to 66.255.255.254 and blocks www.fasttrackmovies.com

so here's what i'm gonna submit

Overpeer: 66.186.32.0-66.186.47.255 (whois range)
    (comments- 66.186.39.19 is spreading multiple fake movie files- in this case they were tomb raider movie files and as a reference point known overpeer connections were closed by pg as well so it's most likely them- i used the whois range coz the subnet calc. method gave a larger range which blocks legit sites-cable and wireless is their host-please see the following link on submitting ranges http://mercuria.no-ip.org/pg/index.php?showtopic=141 )

Overpeer: 216.35.71.1-216.35.71.254 (subnet calc. range)
    (comments- i'm using the solar winds subnet calculator results for the range instead of the whois coz that range is too large- 216.35.71.186 is spreading multiple fake movie files- in this case they were tomb raider movie files and as a reference point known overpeer connections were closed by pg as well so it's most likely them- cable and wireless is their host-please see the following link on submitting ranges http://mercuria.no-ip.org/pg/index.php?showtopic=141 )

thanks simon_no2003 for the heads up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123